FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 1 Million Austrians May Leave Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cardinal Schoenborn now is saying let's examine celibacy?!!!  When will this all end??

After years of it in America, now Europe.

Is this part of the chastisement?
Maybe. But this is nothing compared to what's commin. The men are bein seperated from the boys. The brave from the cowards,
Stand fast!
The lord is your armour!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about the Chastisement but certainly this is the worst time for the Church since at least the Reformation.
True, very true.
I agree with DK.

But in many ways, they have already 'left' the Church, it just has not been official.  We have plenty like that in the US as well. They do not accept the teachings of the Church, which means they do not accept the teachings of Christ. They want a religion to their own liking and making that affirms their chosen lifestyles which may not be pleasing to God but that is not their top priority.  It is a shame and I know the Holy Father has tried to keep the dissenters in tow with the hopes of their conversion but maybe the scandal and the dissention lead more souls away from Christ because of them so it is not worth it in the long run?

We have not seen anything yet. But there is nothing new under the sun.  And we know in the end the Immaculate Heart WILL triumph.
Ave Maria!
(03-20-2010, 04:23 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about the Chastisement but certainly this is the worst time for the Church since at least the Reformation.

This is the worst time for the Church...ever. 

At least during the Protestant Revolt ("Reformation") there was a clear choice to be made.  During these times, heresy and error are explicitly taught and ACCEPTED within the official confines of the Church.  We have the majority of Churchmen holding to at least some form of error these days, who have taught the laity their falsities.

The only time in Church history that bears precedence to the Modern Crisis is the Arian Crisis of the 4th century.  But the crisis we face today is even worse than that, mainly because of the subverted nature of the thing.  In essence, there was a new religion that was begun within the official structure of the Church circa 1965 - a new religion that is trying to usurp the old, true religion.  This new religion, "neo-Catholicism," used the power of the Church in her official structure to bring it to the faithful.  They called this new religion "Catholicism," when most definately it is not, for it only is in the appearance of Catholicism.  This new religion even has a new Mass that bears the ideals of Thomas Cranmers and Martin Luther's "Lord's Supper" Community Meal.  Until neo-Catholicism is driven out of the official structure, the crisis will continue to worsen.  But hopefully we are at the "breaking point."  I pray that something of tremendous magnitude occurs that will separate the wolves from the sheep so that the world will know for certain what true Catholicism is so they may have the objective chance of accepting it without being diluted with error.
(03-20-2010, 04:49 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2010, 04:23 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about the Chastisement but certainly this is the worst time for the Church since at least the Reformation.

This is the worst time for the Church...ever. 

At least during the Protestant Revolt ("Reformation") there was a clear choice to be made.  During these times, heresy and error are explicitly taught and ACCEPTED within the official confines of the Church.  We have the majority of Churchmen holding to at least some form of error these days, who have taught the laity their falsities.

The only time in Church history that bears precedence to the Modern Crisis is the Arian Crisis of the 4th century.  But the crisis we face today is even worse than that, mainly because of the subverted nature of the thing.  In essence, there was a new religion that was begun within the official structure of the Church circa 1965 - a new religion that is trying to usurp the old, true religion.  This new religion, "neo-Catholicism," used the power of the Church in her official structure to bring it to the faithful.  They called this new religion "Catholicism," when most definately it is not, for it only is in the appearance of Catholicism.  This new religion even has a new Mass that bears the ideals of Thomas Cranmers and Martin Luther's "Lord's Supper" Community Meal.  Until neo-Catholicism is driven out of the official structure, the crisis will continue to worsen.  But hopefully we are at the "breaking point."  I pray that something of tremendous magnitude occurs that will separate the wolves from the sheep so that the world will know for certain what true Catholicism is so they may have the objective chance of accepting it without being diluted with error.

I agree with you completely.  Arianism is the only heresy that has come as close as Modernism has of destroying the Church, but even Arianism was out in the open.  There was a clear distinction between orthodoxy and Arianism and it was condemned very vocally at Nicea, Constantinople, Chalcedon etc.

Modernism is truly the work of the Evil One.  It is so subtle that many don't even know it exists.  The lines between Catholicism and Modernism have been so blurred and intertwined that it's very hard to make heads or tails of things for most Catholics.
Not only that, Walty and Nic, but the Church was still in her infancy when Arianism hit it broadside, right after the persecutions were over. The problems today are mainly Doctrinal, and they're deeply embedded within. Not to mention the fact that several of the last Popes have said and done things their predecessors would never have said or done, like praising the fact that a mosque went up in Rome, and praising Martin Luther, among other things. 
I think we're in the chastisement. I really do.

Knuckles, that's right; stand fast.
Pages: 1 2 3