FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Formal Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps I should of posted here before ticking people of yesterday. Big Grin

I was raised in a strict Catholic family and prayed the Rosary every night. As a child I (very young) I wanted to be a Priest, but was discouraged by family who in truth I believe did not want to see me fail, for I was rebellious and always in trouble. Somewhere along the path to manhood I began to stray. Falling in and out with the Church. I went from searching truth in Zen Buddhism to false spirituality and eventually only believing in things that could be seen and proved empirically. Lost, I not only denied the existence of the devil but of God and the love of Christ.

Now I had all my life since childhood, experienced what I now view as spiritual encounters. One Priest who I hold much repsect for, explained to me that I had a stressful life and possibly suffered from PTSD.  Then one Priest who I talked with just before I fell into total darkness, told me that my spiritual experiences both good and bad, were gifts of the Holy Spirit. I took it as superstition at best and paid no mind.

Then between a desperate request from my wife, a dance with death at my own hands and vision in my dreams of having the Blessed Mother taken away from me by dark shadows, I returned to the Church and towards a life in devotion to the Blessed Mother and in devoted service to Christ the Savior. I know I have a long journey ahead of me, but in the words of St. Martin de Tours  "...I will not avoid the toil."
You are most welcome!
I must have been somewhere else and I missed the brouhaha, but as someone who also deals with PTSD, I am very much aware of what you are saying, here: it is truly beautiful in spite of the hardship.  Both priests were probably right.

God bless you and welcome to our humble abode.
Welcome!
Hello  Smile
Welcome to the message board and, most especially, back to the Faith!

Monstrance