FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Why did Catholics Vote for Obama?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I have a question that has weighed on my heart all week.  With the passage of “Healthcare Reform”, and all the ramifications, why do you think so many Catholics Voted for Obama?  I didn't because I'm Pro-life.

Here is the chart I am referring to:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118120/obama-...olics.aspx

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, as it boggles my mind and breaks my heart as to what is to come with the passage of this.  I love a good debate, so by all means, I really would like to hear your opinions on the topic. 

Where did the message break down to our fellow Catholics that Abortion is a sin? ???

Thank you so much.
Just now weighing on your mind! I also wonder the same about the Jewish people in the US. If they don't care about their brethren in Israel, why should we send our children's financial future over there every year. Not to say it's not of the utmost strategical importance. There must be some sort of logical explanation, nothing my simple little mind can come up with however!
More fruits of V2. Most Catholics today do not understand their own Faith. People keep saying that the American voter is not stupid, but for the most part I disagree. They ARE stupid. There could not be that many evil people in this country could there?

Never mind, I may be wrong on that one too
(03-28-2010, 01:15 AM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]More fruits of V2. Most Catholics today do not understand their own Faith. People keep saying that the American voter is not stupid, but for the most part I disagree. They ARE stupid. There could not be that many evil people in this country could there?

Never mind, I may be wrong on that one too

Your statements are colossal understatements.  It amazes me how many people apostatize or in outright heresy.  1.  leftists have been working on dumbing down this country for decades and the results are alarming. 
:pray:
This years election was a big slap upside the head.  For some stupid reason, I thought Catholics, Active Duty Military, and “Christians” were more Conservative - I had people in my family who attend mass every Sunday, vote for O, Attended a Military Wedding, over half the table voted for O, and a Christian Mom sat at her dining room table and told me “it's her baby, her CHOICE” after I specifically said “even if the baby is viable?”  YES was her answer. I was shocked.  I got into arguments with people, lost friendships over it, so yes, I got my lumps standing up for what's right.  It makes me sad I was so blind too.

Thanks for the replies!  :fish:
(03-28-2010, 03:19 AM)JulesinSD Wrote: [ -> ]For some stupid reason, I thought Catholics, Active Duty Military, and “Christians” were more Conservative -

Except for the Catholics part, this is more true than not in Texas....
As many here have said all the Catholics were Democrats back in the day. These folks are either blinded or they can not accept that their party is all about the sexual revolution. This isn't new my mother used to explain to my cousins in the early sixties that the Democrats were mobbed up, and were behind all of the racist housing in Chicago. Over the years their allegiance to the Democratic Party supplanted their Catholicism. We all know that 54% of Catholics voted for Obama, and Raymond Arroyo reported 50+% of the Bishops voted the same way. It's not just Pelosi or Bidden. Ask any Catholic if they think "the pill" should be outlawed except for those few legitimate medical reasons having nothing to due with a child. The answer will come back loud and clear NO!!!
How can these folks be expected to make sound judgements when they commit murder using the pill, and then blaspheme Jesus in reception of the Holy Sacrament,and deny God in the Creation of Life? The Communists had more sense.Baal Phegor gang, Baal Phegor, we share in their adultery,  their immolation of their children, in their eating of the sacrificial victims, and we'll share in the chastisement just like the Israelites.
tim
Catholics who took seriously their faith went to vote, and submitted an empty ballot, at least for the Presidential candidates.

They could not vote for the Bush-Palin ticket because of the everlastin unjust war issue, and because both mocked the Catholic family values

They could not vote for Obama because he endorsed the separation of the State and Church.

GREGORY XVI 1831-1846
Indifferentism (against Felicite de Lamennais)
1615 Nor can we foresee more joyful omens for religion and the state from the wishes of those who desire that the Church be separated from the State, and that the mutual concord of the government with the sacred ministry be broken. For it is certain that that concord is greatly feared by lovers of this most shameless liberty, which has always been fortunate and salutary for the ecclesiastical and the civil welfare.
I wonder how the Jews that voted for Obama feel now that he has abandoned Israel.

It appears that there are none willing to represent us on either side.
tim
Pages: 1 2