FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 2010 RE Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This makes me sick to my stomach!.

I got as far as the girls dancing with the smoking flower pots and turned it off.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You've got to keep watching to see the kenny g solo at 3 minutes.  I almost shat myself.  I half-expected Montell Williams or some other mid-afternoon talk show host to walk out and do paternity tests with that music.  You can't write stuff this hilarious.  And then at the end, when the bishop walked onto the stage with the two priests all clapping to the beat of the music, I half expected them to do a quick stop, turn on the heel toward the audience, and bust into a backstreet boys pose. 
That's a Catholic Mass?

Some serious housecleaning needs to be done and fast. The videos are just sad / sickening to watch. Say what you will about how the TLM was celebrated in the 1950s, that would never have happened.
Here is a good point brought up by someone at CAF  about this spectacle.

Quote: “Saddening. This Mass was a purposeful and direct smack in the face to the Vatican and Catholic Liturgy. The Archdiocese chose to celebrate the closing liturgy of its big RE conference illicitly.

For starters, the sacred vessels were glass and wicker.

Yet, Instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum explicitly states that,

“”Reprobated, therefore, is any practice of using for the celebration of Mass common vessels, or others lacking in quality, or devoid of all artistic merit or which are mere containers, as also other vessels made from glass, earthenware, clay, or other materials that break easily.”

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co…ml#Chapter%20V
The worst thing is that folks from all over the country go to these things and bring these ideas back with them.

That's how liturgical insanity spreads, like an infectious disease.
May the NO religion be completely abrogated from history. This isn't a Mass...it's a mess.

Edit: The Bishop reverences the altar the narrator says....as the bishop dances and claps around the altar. I never saw my priest reverence the altar like that at my TLM. What a complete mockery of Our Lord. I wish I were Pope...I would be removing a lot of Bishops and priests from their ministry. But of course, the only people that get excommunicated in the Newchurch are traditional priests and bishops.

ahahahhahaha and I thought my high school Masses were bad. Wow. I remember when they got my grade six class to do a liturgical dance at the end of year Mass and thinking how much of a dickhead I felt like twirling around in the sanctuary with a white robe on.
And as bad as that is, I've heard of places that are even worse: Linz, for example.

I suppose we've been through worse...albeit when they were throwing us to lions.  You have to give the devil his due - he's a capable adversary.  I pray this liturgical chaos we are unfortunately witness to has a purpose.  Hopefully the Church will emerge stronger and more resiliant to temptation and pride; that the history books will look back at this period as an example of what can happen if you let liberals loose.
Pages: 1 2