FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Now, I might be totally wrong, but my heart tells me something huge will happen this week.  I cannot go into everything that leads me to think this.  Some of it would sound crazy, some is exceedingly personal, but my heart has never been in such anticipation and anxiety as it is now.  If I am wrong, then perhaps it was just a sort of personal spiritual focus, but it seems more than that.  This has been building in me since this past summer.  I have had trouble sleeping, with vivid, and sometimes profound, dreams of great changes in the world.  This is not something to which I am accustomed.  Like I said, this may be nothing for anyone but me, perhaps nothing but some bad olives in my martinis, but it seems to me that something is coming.
(03-28-2010, 10:29 PM)Anthem Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I might be totally wrong, but my heart tells me something huge will happen this week.   I cannot go into everything that leads me to think this.  Some of it would sound crazy, some is exceedingly personal, but my heart has never been in such anticipation and anxiety as it is now.  If I am wrong, then perhaps it was just a sort of personal spiritual focus, but it seems more than that.  This has been building in me since this past summer.  I have had trouble sleeping, with vivid, and sometimes profound, dreams of great changes in the world.  This is not something to which I am accustomed.  Like I said, this may be nothing for anyone but me, perhaps nothing but some bad olives in my martinis, but it seems to me that something is coming.

Very interesting.  Had you heard of the surprise previous to this?
No, I had not heard of any papal surprise before about 20 minutes ago.  I knew Benedict XVI was going to Fatima on May 13, and that will be a major event, in my estimation, but I hadn't heard about anything coming out of the Vatican for Holy Week.
I really hope he does something to tick off the libs. :D
If there is anything to this rumor, I doubt it will be a TLM on Holy Thursday. The Triduum, and especially Holy Thursday, is heavily pushed as a time for the utmost spiritual and corporate unity. The Chrism Mass on the morning of Holy Thursday especially stands out on this point. As such, for both political and pastoral reasons, one questions if such a move on the part of the pope would be advisable.
Morris Fenderbaum: Ain't nothing happening.
I think the best we can hope for is some kind of announcement of a reform of some sort of the NO,
I honestly think the Pope banning Comunion in the Hand is much more likely than him publicly celebrating
the Trid Mass. Personally I think receiving while kneeling versus standing is much more important than the issue of
receiving in the hand, the bodily posture more than the mode of receiving has an effect on disposition I think. Plus for
people like me with small mouths its difficult to receive on the tongue. Most likely an announcement of JPII's beatification
will happen.
(03-28-2010, 10:10 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 09:41 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]My prediction is: nothing that any traditionalists will care about.

That's my guess.

I third that.
My prediction and wish at the same time.

A Traditional Papal Mass and the return of the Sedia Gestatoria.

Other wishful thinking but less likely.

The normalization of the SSPX and with the news of Bishop Fellay being made Cardinal. Also making one of the other SSPX Bishops (it doesnt matter who) the next Archbishop of Los Angeles replacing the arch-heretic Mahoney.
Hah. Well, it can't be said that fisheaters are lacking in the virtue if hope.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9