FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I feel very certain that it will be the consecration of Russia - particularly given the recent completion of the 12 million rosaries by the SSPX.  This seems to me to be the most important thing of all, as it will be the beginning of the restoration I think.
By coincidence I just happened to look at Father Z's blog and I found this article:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2010/03/if-you-ar...n-defense/

"In the course of a discussion with a priest friend tonight I opined that it might be a good time for the Holy Father to make a large gesture on the front that means so much to him and his pontificate: make a bold gesture. 

I think it ought to be a liturgical gesture because we must renew the Church’s worship."

At the bottom someone in the comments says:

"Whatever happened to that surprise promised for Tuesday of Holy Week? Perhaps, this fits in with your suggestion. Perhaps it was planned before the current attacks.

Seriously, Father, what about all of that chatter in February? I’ve heard not a peep since then. I do hope one of your sources has some good news, it is so needed right now!"

To which Father Z replied: "Just a rumor. Right?"

Do you think Father Z might know something and that it will be related to the Mass?

someone posted last night about receiving an e-mail claiming that america for fatima says the rest of the third secret will be released during Holy Week, or maybe it was an e-mail containing what was supposed to be the rest of the third secret.  i'm not sure now, being only half-awake, but i went to the america for fatima site last night and looked around, found nothing related to such a claim.

i can remember quite a few times when "everybody knew" something "big" was going to happen and nothing did.  of course this could be the time when it does.  we'll see soon enough.  don't panic or be too hopeful.

i think that it's unlikely the Pope will make any major changes during Holy Week.

(03-28-2010, 11:09 PM)sheep101 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best we can hope for is some kind of announcement of a reform of some sort of the NO,
I honestly think the Pope banning Comunion in the Hand is much more likely than him publicly celebrating
the Trid Mass. Personally I think receiving while kneeling versus standing is much more important than the issue of
receiving in the hand, the bodily posture more than the mode of receiving has an effect on disposition I think. Plus for
people like me with small mouths its difficult to receive on the tongue. Most likely an announcement of JPII's beatification
will happen.

but receiving on the tongue, and bringing back the use of the paten, protects the Body of Christ, which kneeling does not do.  people can be properly reverent while standing but receiving in the hand allows particles of the Body of Christ to be dropped on the floor and stepped on, a terrible thing.  when no paten is used, particles can still be dropped.  the paten would even catch a dropped Host, and Hosts are dropped, even when Communion is given on the tongue.  sometimes two will stick together and one will fall as the other is lifted before the communicant.  i've seen it happen.

children have small mouths and all children used to receive on the tongue.  maybe you're not holding your mouth right?  you just have to get the Host stuck to your tongue and then bring it into your mouth.  it takes some practice and you should always get in the priest's line because priests have more experience than EMHCs in giving Communion on the tongue.  it just has to be touched to your tongue and it will stick. 

you can also get at the end of the priest's line and kneel to receive.  people do that fairly often in the OF, i've seen it in several parishes.  i can't kneel at all, not even on a kneeler, due to arthritis, so i don't do it myself.

and i pray we won't have an announcement of JP II's beatification.  it's too soon and that miracle of the nun "cured" of Parkinson's disease turned out not to be a miracle.

now, i'd like to hear that the Pope will be beatifying Pius XII.  that would drive some people crazy, but he was a great Pope and he died in 1958, it will be 52 years in the fall.

(03-29-2010, 01:28 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]My prediction and wish at the same time.

A Traditional Papal Mass and the return of the Sedia Gestatoria.

This would be excellent!!!!  But if I do not let my heart speak but my mind, I think that it will be something that no trad will care about... :( I hope not however!
(03-28-2010, 11:12 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 10:10 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 09:41 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]My prediction is: nothing that any traditionalists will care about.

That's my guess.

I third that.

In for a penny in for a pound.  Yawn.
(03-28-2010, 11:09 PM)sheep101 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best we can hope for is some kind of announcement of a reform of some sort of the NO,
I honestly think the Pope banning Comunion in the Hand is much more likely than him publicly celebrating
the Trid Mass. Personally I think receiving while kneeling versus standing is much more important than the issue of
receiving in the hand, the bodily posture more than the mode of receiving has an effect on disposition I think. Plus for
people like me with small mouths its difficult to receive on the tongue. Most likely an announcement of JPII's beatification
will happen.

I wonder if JPII's beatification isn't a bit hampered since the pending outburst  in the media regarding the paedophile priests. In my opinion Benedict XVI  is more tainted by the scandal than his predecessor bcs he is more visible, but certainly the media will dig deeper and recall that JPII actually was well aware of the issue and did nothing but recommending to keep it quiet or downplaying it like he did for Maciel.
Beatifying JPII would certainly ignite again the controversy in a new way.
(03-29-2010, 02:30 AM)JamieF Wrote: [ -> ]By coincidence I just happened to look at Father Z's blog and I found this article:

"In the course of a discussion with a priest friend tonight I opined that it might be a good time for the Holy Father to make a large gesture on the front that means so much to him and his pontificate: make a bold gesture. 

I think it ought to be a liturgical gesture because we must renew the Church’s worship."

"Whatever happened to that surprise promised for Tuesday of Holy Week? Perhaps, this fits in with your suggestion. Perhaps it was planned before the current attacks.

Seriously, Father, what about all of that chatter in February? I’ve heard not a peep since then. I do hope one of your sources has some good news, it is so needed right now!"

Do you think Father Z might know something and that it will be related to the Mass?

Somehow I don't think Fr. Z is on the Vatican's radar.
(03-29-2010, 08:02 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2010, 02:30 AM)JamieF Wrote: [ -> ]By coincidence I just happened to look at Father Z's blog and I found this article:

Somehow I don't think Fr. Z is on the Vatican's radar.

I would agree, but I think he used to work in the CDF and knows some of the higher ups there.
(03-28-2010, 10:38 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope he does something to tick off the libs. :D

This.  lol. 

I think, given how awesome Benedict is, whatever it is it'll be pretty good.  I kinda doubt it would be the sedia gestatoria just yet...but  who knows  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9