FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(03-30-2010, 08:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 05:06 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Hah. I was going to say...  The Senators haven't been a team since I think the 60s. The NATIONALS on the other hand are a fine, fine organization. I can catch fly balls from Nationals Stadium out my window.

Nice!  I was thinking about heading back to DC for the Royals/Nationals interleague game (maybe not; money's getting tight).  Nationals Stadium is one of my favorite ballparks on the east coast.  I have a photo of me drinking beers with George Washington.

It's such a nice stadium.  So weird to walk in on field level.
(03-30-2010, 04:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I knew that but I had a brain cramp! :doh: I think they were both call "Nats" for short though--I wonder if that was on purpose?

They were - the old teams were called both "Nationals" and "Senators".

(03-30-2010, 04:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ](is this thread being hijacked?  :-[ )

Yes. Go Yankees.  ;D
(03-31-2010, 04:51 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 04:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I knew that but I had a brain cramp! :doh: I think they were both call "Nats" for short though--I wonder if that was on purpose?

They were - the old teams were called both "Nationals" and "Senators".

(03-30-2010, 04:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ](is this thread being hijacked?  :-[ )

Yes. Go Yankees.  ;D

:) :) :)
(03-30-2010, 01:44 PM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 01:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2010, 01:09 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the Twins or the Rangers?

The Montreal Expos actually moved to DC to become the Senators a couple years ago. It can be confusing.  :crazy:

The Expos became the Washington Nationals. The Washington Senators existed twice: one moved to Minnesota and became the Twins, the other moved to Texas and became the Rangers.

and the Rangers have plagued every since! Curse you Vandergriff! Curse you!  :laughing:
GO CUBS!!

I am a Cubs fan living in Cardinals country.

I am a Traditional Catholic living in Protestant Fundamentalist country.

...I'm always looking over my shoulder.   :sneaky:
The red sox finally got the monkey  off their back; when will the cubs do it? Or better question, WILL the cubs ever do it?
I just realized it's Holy Thursday and April Fool's Day. Even if there was a surprise I wouldn't believe it.
(04-01-2010, 08:52 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized it's Holy Thursday and April Fool's Day. Even if there was a surprise I wouldn't believe it.
Well, that's one of the signs of a Traditional Catholic, when there's good news, we don't believe it.
Because April Fool's occurs during Holy Week this year, wouldn't it be moved to the Monday after Low Sunday?
(04-01-2010, 01:50 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: [ -> ]Because April Fool's occurs during Holy Week this year, wouldn't it be moved to the Monday after Low Sunday?

:laughing:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9