FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well Holy Thursday came and now it's gone and nothing special happened.
I bet it either happens on Easter or nothing happens...again.
On this note, its my own opinion that I shall never see a pope celebrate the Extraordinary Form in my lifetime. He has to many people to appease without angering and that will anger many people.
I dont know. Maybe the next one Peter the Roman.
No news at times is good news at times, especially from the Vatican which can be hit (rare) or miss (often). Oh well. May you all have a Blessed Easter, where despite the Vatican not having a Traditional Holy Week, we have so here in Orlando. In fact, today was five years since Bishop Williamson blessed the church I attend! Same day and hour as Pope John Paul II died. My, how time has past!

Some scenes from our Holy Week;
[Image: 030.JPG]

[Image: 029.JPG]

[Image: 067.JPG]
Lovely, thank you for sharing.
so we got lied to?....again?
If the Pope had intended to say something, prudence would have prevented him.  With the current campaign of vilification against the Pope himself and the Church as a whole, his announcement would have been treated as a further sign that he was indifferent to the sex scandals and preoccupied instead with what would have been described as "conservative"  :o and possibly "against the Spirit of Vatican II"  ::), which his opponents within the Church are eagerly trying to resuscitate as a guarantee against further abuses.

The Holy Father, thank God, is too clever to be caught out like that.
(04-06-2010, 05:25 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: [ -> ]so we got lied to?....again?

Lied to by some rumor.  The Vatican didn't lie to us - they didn't promise anything for Holy Week.
Well, I've heard through the grapevine that there just may be a belated Papal Surprise!!!  ;) :P

I want my Papal Surprise, give me that there Papal Surprise! No, I want TWO Papal Surprises. Make it two. And a side order of fries to go pleaz.
What grapevine was this? A credible one.

Now credence Clearwater Revival is dancing in my head......
(04-07-2010, 02:53 PM)Michael_G Wrote: [ -> ]If the Pope had intended to say something, prudence would have prevented him.  With the current campaign of vilification against the Pope himself and the Church as a whole, his announcement would have been treated as a further sign that he was indifferent to the sex scandals and preoccupied instead with what would have been described as "conservative"  :o and possibly "against the Spirit of Vatican II"  ::), which his opponents within the Church are eagerly trying to resuscitate as a guarantee against further abuses.

The Holy Father, thank God, is too clever to be caught out like that.

With the timing of the sex scandals and the "surprise" it must have been a GREAT surprise since the opposition has peaked during this time, no? I mean, the Devil probably knew and hated it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9