FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My parish renovated in time for Palm Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My parish church received a face lift in time for Holy Week, with more to come. Here is a link with photos posted on the local latin mass society website      http://hughofcluny.blogspot.com/2010/03/...of-st.html
(03-29-2010, 06:54 PM)Christopher Wrote: [ -> ]My parish church received a face lift in time for Holy Week, with more to come. Here is a link with photos posted on the local latin mass society website       http://hughofcluny.blogspot.com/2010/03/...of-st.html

You have a beautiful parish church!
(03-29-2010, 06:54 PM)Christopher Wrote: [ -> ]My parish church received a face lift in time for Holy Week, with more to come. Here is a link with photos posted on the local latin mass society website       http://hughofcluny.blogspot.com/2010/03/...of-st.html

Absolutely stunning.  The high altar and the altar rail are truly magnificent.  I am also astonished
at the beauty of the NO table - you don't find that type of beautiful architecture in most NO parishes. 

Question:  is the NO table built on wheels which can be rolled in and out of the sanctuary?
Incredible!  You are blessed to be able to attend Mass in such a beautiful church!
Mike; I'm not sure about the free standing altar. In addition to the TLM, they also sometimes offer the NO in latin, and as you will notice in the picture the altar arrangement, is as the Holy Father does it; 3 large candles on either side with a large altar crucifix in the center. They will be adding side shrines, and reredos to the high altar plus a new paint job to the interior to give it a bit of a Baroque feel. The Priests are fairly solid, the Pastor stopped the use of altar girls a few years ago, and took flak for it, but stood his ground. One of the vicars is a convert from anglicanism and has been the driving force behind the revival of the Latin Mass in our Diocese. Another Priest in residence was just named the new CEO of the Courage apostolate which helps those with same sex attractions lead chaste lives. All in all we're pretty fortunate.
(03-29-2010, 07:26 PM)mike6240 Wrote: [ -> ]Question:  is the NO table built on wheels which can be rolled in and out of the sanctuary?

And if so, give it a push and let it roll down to the Lutheran church across the road....

Other than that, very nice!  And glad to see the ex-Anglicans helping straighten things out!  :)
(03-29-2010, 07:47 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2010, 07:26 PM)mike6240 Wrote: [ -> ]Question:  is the NO table built on wheels which can be rolled in and out of the sanctuary?

And if so, give it a push and let it roll down to the Lutheran church across the road...
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with you entirely Quis - but you have to admit, it is a beautiful piece of architecture.  I could see it in a stunning side chapel - and yes, up against the wall.

Now that's a Catholic Church!!!

(03-29-2010, 07:50 PM)mike6240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2010, 07:47 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]

And if so, give it a push and let it roll down to the Lutheran church across the road...
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with you entirely Quis - but you have to admit, it is a beautiful piece of architecture.  I could see it in a stunning side chapel - and yes, up against the wall.

Oh, definitely.  As far as NO altars go, if we have to have one, it should look like that.
Oh, you guys shouldn't even be knowing what the altar looks like most of the year. Bring back the altar frontals!
Pages: 1 2