FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SPLXIII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I came across this organisation on the net http://www.hrcac.org.uk/

Never heard of them before.

Has anyone had dealings with them?

Pax
No, but I looked through their website, and they appear to be Old Catholics or at least descended from them.
(04-01-2010, 05:58 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]No, but I looked through their website, and they appear to be Old Catholics or at least descended from them.

Would they have valid sacraments and an apostolic lineage and is their Mass valid?
(04-01-2010, 07:03 AM)Spero Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2010, 05:58 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]No, but I looked through their website, and they appear to be Old Catholics or at least descended from them.

Would they have valid sacraments and an apostolic lineage and is their Mass valid?

Old Catholics?  Sometimes.  I know that isn't "yes" or "no" but it's complicated.  Personally I wouldn't go to them for anything because they are technically both heretics (denying Vatican I and other things) and schismatics.  Some branches also "ordain" women.
(04-01-2010, 10:57 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Old Catholics?  Sometimes.  I know that isn't "yes" or "no" but it's complicated.  Personally I wouldn't go to them for anything because they are technically both heretics (denying Vatican I and other things) and schismatics.  Some branches also "ordain" women.

Wow! Denying Vatican I? That's really old school! Does that make them Paleo-Trads?
(04-01-2010, 11:23 AM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2010, 10:57 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Old Catholics?  Sometimes.  I know that isn't "yes" or "no" but it's complicated.  Personally I wouldn't go to them for anything because they are technically both heretics (denying Vatican I and other things) and schismatics.  Some branches also "ordain" women.

Wow! Denying Vatican I? That's really old school! Does that make them Paleo-Trads?
No, that makes them Paleo-Liberals.
(04-01-2010, 05:57 PM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

(04-01-2010, 05:57 PM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]

Denying the infallibility of the Pope when he speaks ex-cathedra on faith and morals, thus they would probably get along with the Call to Apostasy crowd.

It started with Germans I think. It quickly become quite modernistic and any hint of orthodoxy is at best questionable. While many schismatics try to be "traditional", it only takes a couple generations for it to be a full blown modernist organisation. Luther, for instance, would not recognise "Lutherans" and Lutherans would shun Luther if they knew his actual views. Same thing with the Anglicans and such. The Eastern Orthodox are pretty orthodox, however, they have severe issues with marriage (they openly bless adulterous relationships with some justification about "mercy").

No matter their origins, the only tradition which is pure is in the Church. Once it people are separated, no matter their intentions, it will mutate rapidly.

They are at least a 6 hr drive from me, so thankfully going to them would never be an option.
Pages: 1 2