FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Resurrection of McMaster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Christ is risen, alleluia! But what about McMaster? Well, you see . . .

A while ago I posted some messages on this board under the pseudonym Don McMaster. Some people loved them, some hated them, some did some of each, and no doubt still others ignored them or didn't care. Then I took some time off to do various non-forum-related things. Almost before I knew it, many months had elapsed.

The name McMaster was left over from a time when I fancied myself a fiction writer, which I no longer do. So, I decided to drop it and pick a username that had a bit more to do with reality, "MacLamroch." To the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, I really am descended from the "lairds of Lamrochton" in Galloway, Scotland. (Some people imagined I was Irish when I called myself "McMaster," but I'm not. I'm a convert, and I may well be the only Catholic on either side of my family in the last few hundred years.)

Aside from the change of name, though, McMaster by any other name will probably smell as sweet to some, and as foul to others, as before. I still think pretty much the same kinds of thoughts as I did before, and I've still got the same cartoon self-portrait with punctuation marks on otherwise Dilbert-style opaque white eyeglasses, signifying an intention to question what should be questioned and to affirm (emphatically, when appropriate) what should be affirmed.

Don't know yet how much posting I'll do, but probably at least a little. God bless you, one and all, and please pray for the conversion of huge numbers of sinners!
Welcome back, formerlyknowasMcMaster!

And Happy Easter to you and your family!
Good to have you back.  I was just telling a fellow fisheater this morning that you were one of my favorite posters when I joined around 2 and a half years ago.
(04-04-2010, 03:00 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Good to have you back.  I was just telling a fellow fisheater this morning that you were one of my favorite posters when I joined around 2 and a half years ago.

I second this.  Welcome back!
Hi!
Welcome back. I hope you're a very active poster.
Welcome back!  I look forward to reading your posts again. 

almost as much as I do Bombay's.   ;D
Indeed, welcome back.  I still haven't finished understanding all your responses to the "Protestants aren't heretics" thread yet, so take it easy on me.
Welcome back.  You were one of my favorite posters.  Happy Easter!
Happy you're back, McMaster MacLamroch!  Smile
(04-04-2010, 02:56 PM)MacLamroch Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a convert, and I may well be the only Catholic on either side of my family in the last few hundred years

Oh man, looks like we share something in common...