FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop Gomez to be Next Archbishop of Los Angeles: Press Conference at 10am
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bout time the pope did something about straightning those liberals out, and bringing some of the true teachings of God back to a people deprived of and starved of the beauty of real holy practices the stuff that remindes of higher things and edifys.

signed Jeremy
Wow.  I did not see this coming - a conservative to replace Mahony!  May God bless the new cardinal (he's going to need it).  I wonder if he'll 'wreckovate' the cathedral, traditional style: move the tabernacle into the sanctuary and put up altar rails.  That'll drive the liberals down the street to some protestant building.
(04-06-2010, 02:50 AM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.  I did not see this coming - a conservative to replace Mahony!  May God bless the new cardinal (he's going to need it).  I wonder if he'll 'wreckovate' the cathedral, traditional style: move the tabernacle into the sanctuary and put up altar rails.  That'll drive the liberals down the street to some protestant building.

That cathedral is interesting from an academic standpoint, but it stinks as a worship space.
(04-06-2010, 02:50 AM)Ockham Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.  I did not see this coming - a conservative to replace Mahony!  May God bless the new cardinal (he's going to need it).  I wonder if he'll 'wreckovate' the cathedral, traditional style: move the tabernacle into the sanctuary and put up altar rails.  That'll drive the liberals down the street to some protestant building.

Having the tabernacle on the high altar in a cathedral church is arguably "not traditional". Pre-Vatican II, it was normal for the tabernacle to be in its own shrine. See Saint Peter's Basilica, for example.
Deo gratias.  :pray2:
Isn't Cardinal Mahony born in February 1936, so won't be his resignation be issue only in 3011?
(04-06-2010, 05:47 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't Cardinal Mahony born in February 1936, so won't be his resignation be issue only in 3011?

Surely he'll be long dead by then......  :P
I thought the Pope was going to assign Bishop Fellay to LA....Oh well, I guess its okay to dream! ;D
NOMINA DEL COADIUTORE DI LOS ANGELES (U.S.A.) NOMINA DEL COADIUTORE DI LOS ANGELES (U.S.A.)

Il Santo Padre ha nominato Arcivescovo Coadiutore dell’Arcidiocesi di Los Angeles (U.S.A.) Sua Eccellenza Reverendissima Monsignor José Horacio GÓMEZ, finora Arcivescovo di San Antonio.

S.E. Mons. José Horacio GÓMEZ

vatican.org

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4