FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The interesting thing about L.A.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the appointment of the successor of ArchHeretic Mahoney. There comes an interesting bits of information which should be pleasing to those that are aware of Mahoney's plan to wreck-ovate St Charles Borromeo Cathedral.

It seems that if Rome wishes it because Archbishop Gomez was made coadjutor and not simply named successor that if they see fit they can strip the ordinary of any power they wish to the point that they could just turn Mahoney as of "TODAY" a mere figure head with no actual power and his excellency could be hitting the ground running.
I would LOVE for Gomez to start making decisions sooner than later. 

I like St. Charles just the way it is!  I went to that school, I've learned to love and respect the Mass in that Church.  That church will always be my Alma Mater.  I do not like most of the changes planned. :-(
My wife and I were married there at St. Charles. I sure hope all those planned changes do not happen. We got the breakdown in the mail. They sure are spending ALOT of money on the wreckovation.
With all of the scandals caused by +Mahony's negligence, you'd think that they wouldn't have enough money for yet another Taj.
(04-06-2010, 11:38 AM)51olds Wrote: [ -> ]My wife and I were married there at St. Charles. I sure hope all those planned changes do not happen. We got the breakdown in the mail. They sure are spending ALOT of money on the wreckovation.

When I lived in the LA"OC area, 3 of my favorite churches got the wreckovation.

The first was my, and many other people's too, favorite, St PiusV in Buena park. It was a chrch, that when you were there, you felt like never leaving. Now its modernized. Then St PiusX in Norwalk, happened when the new progressive pastor came and modernized it. He was the one who refused to give communion on the tongue, even bodily lifting several parishiners to their feet who used to kneel. Attendance went down 2/3. People went to other churches in the area. Then St Justin Martyr in Anaheim. To be fair, that modernization was prompted by an arson fire, and of the 3, it was the least modernized. But still it was never quite the same.
Well, the first thing Bishop Gomez can do is to recommend the destruction of this feminist, hippie looking sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary...This so called statue of the Blessed Mother is scandalous, IMHO, and was no less sculpted by a nudist .

[Image: modern-mary.jpg]

Then they can replace it with a more appropriate statue like this:
[Image: Blessed%20Mother%20Full%5B2.jpg]
I really wonder sometimes what Mahony was thinking.......
(04-06-2010, 03:58 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]I really wonder sometimes what Mahony was thinking.......

He was just doing what the grand master of his lodge told him to do.
(04-06-2010, 04:18 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2010, 03:58 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]I really wonder sometimes what Mahony was thinking.......

He was just doing what the grand master of his lodge told him to do.
:laughing:

Nice...
Just think of the kind of faith someone must have to imagine that Our Lady looks like that awfull statue in the Taj Mahony.... It must be a faith that is not only not Catholic, but probably not even Christian.

The virtues Our Lady displayed and represents are not at all in evidence in this sculputre, I would love to hear Sr. Wendy's views on this 'art.'
Pages: 1 2