FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
April 12, 2010
Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should
The sin of making victims and the community complicit in the abuse cover-up is still not acknowledged
By Libby Purves

A pair of voluble atheists — the usual suspects, Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens — plan a legal ambush to arrest Pope Benedict XVI during his state visit to Britain. They want him arraigned, Pinochet-style, before he can so much as kiss the airport tarmac.

Well, we shall see. They come from a particular angle — that of determined unbelief — which dilutes their impact. We know that even if the Vatican had never done anything legally dubious or morally wrong, Hitch and Dawk would still hate it. So let me speak as a Deist and cradle Catholic — albeit long alienated — and say that I rather welcome their campaign. This thing needs airing properly, if the good bits of world Catholicism are to survive. Sometimes, with real sorrow, I fear that they won’t. It is not just because of what bad priests did and bad bishops hid: it is also what they made others do.....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment...094757.ece
what do you think of this fartsucker?
(04-11-2010, 06:10 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]what do you think of this fartsucker?

What do you think of charity and living the truth in charity?
i think its grand what do you think of that karl?
First of all, Augusto Pinochet was a hero.
That he was
(04-11-2010, 07:14 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]i think its grand what do you think of that karl?

Calling him a fartsucker (though maybe you were joking and if you were I apologize for being too serious) is not charitable.

I suggest emailing or commenting on the story in the link and attempting to show him the truth. There is a such thing as win a debate but lose a soul. Neither anger nor insults will work on leading this individual to Christ. I'm saying this because I have learned this the hard way in my life.
What I have learned in my life is not to let farts rent space in my head.
BlessedKarl Wrote:Calling him a fartsucker (though maybe you were joking and if you were I apologize for being too serious) is not charitable.

I suggest emailing or commenting on the story in the link and attempting to show him the truth. There is a such thing as win a debate but lose a soul. Neither anger nor insults will work on leading this individual to Christ. I'm saying this because I have learned this the hard way in my life.

The man in question already claims to be a Catholic in his profile and his posts on FE have consistently shown him to be a troll who is as engrossed in anti-Catholic media reports as a child is to his mother's milk. It's rather disturbing and DK replied in kind.

So take your bleeding heart elsewhere. It's making a mess on the rug.

In Corde Regis Christi,
Joshua
Wher did Pinochet come into play here  Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4