FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: In sermon, E. Longmeadow priest calls on Pope Benedict to step down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-12-2010, 06:30 PM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 04:27 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about this fartsucker
You aught to know by now he won't talk about anything, just post things. He only seems to post things that are critical of the priesthood, not sure why Huh?

I dont know if he's for real methinks semi troll.
(04-12-2010, 06:37 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 06:30 PM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 04:27 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about this fartsucker
You aught to know by now he won't talk about anything, just post things. He only seems to post things that are critical of the priesthood, not sure why Huh?

I dont know if he's for real methinks semi troll.
All I'm saying is that if you look through the five pages of posts he's made 99% of them are just articles that are at least critical of the church in some way (rather true or not) with no real comment or discussion. My thought is that he's just airing dirty laundry, but it doesn't mater what I think dose it? I'm not presuming to judge his intention, just if his intention was sincere I think the method would be diffrent.
indeed
Just in case you want to get yourself all riled up and disgusted before logging off tonight - a collection of your standard anti-Catholic mass media cartoons (except, suprisingly, for one):

http://www.cagle.com/news/PedophilePriests10/main.asp

I'm still waiting for the news story on pedophile ministers or rabbis......but not holding my breath.
(04-12-2010, 06:04 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]He shouldn't oughta done that, but it looks like this priest is sincere and not some leftist / liberal / modernist looking for an excuse.  He got a bishop pulled out of office.

http://www.votf.org/priest-support/73

Quote:Fr. James J. Scahill Outspoken Supporter of Survivors

Fr. Scahill, the pastor of St. Michael's parish, is an outspoken supporter of the community of survivors of clergy sexual abuse. In 2002, Fr. Scahill announced that the parish would withhold its weekly contribution to the Diocese of Springfield, Massachusetts, because the Diocese had not removed a notorious priest and convicted abuser, Richard Lavigne, from its payroll. The monies withheld were delivered to the Diocese only after all payments to Lavigne were terminated.

Fr. Scahill also was instrumental in bringing the allegations against former Springfield Bishop Thomas Dupre to public attention. Fr. Scahill counseled the mother of one of the survivors. He then brought the claims of abuse to the attention of Archbishop O'Malley of the Boston Archdiocese and to law enforcement officials in Massachusetts. Dupre resigned his position as bishop when the allegations against him became public.

Fr. Scahill has begun to work with the Diocese toward community healing despite some initial tension with the new Bishop in Springfield, Bishop Timothy A. McDonnell. In September, Fr. Scahill and Bishop McDonnell held a healing Mass for survivors at St. Michael's parish. Bishop McDonnell apologized to Fr. Scahill for remarks he had made about him and to survivors for the abuse that they had suffered.

He's citing Jeff Anderson's agit-prop fascist smear piece as authoritative, making a big press release out of it, and offering his inarticulate advice to the Supreme Pontiff about what to do.

Moroever, when you look at VOTFs mission statement, they say they want to make structural changes in the Church; they also erroneously maintain that your ideological situation has no position in this when in reality, it's the heart of the problem.

All of those victim advocacy groups have an agenda which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the good of souls, defense of hte Church.  Despite what they maintain to the contrary.  I find it increasingly hard to believe that they are "just here to help".  Besides, I had heard that VOTF had run out of money.  Did I miss something?
Pages: 1 2