FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 300 abuse complaints unpunished by Belgian bishops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
300 abuse complaints unpunished by Belgian bishops.
Belgian bishops have failed to punish any clergy over 300 complaints of paedophilia brought to their attention in the 1990s, a priest who helped many victims claimed on Monday.

AFP/Expatica

BRUSSELS - "We brought forward between 1992 and 1998 more than 300 complaints from victims of abuse committed by priests, but only 15 ended up with admissions" of guilt, Father Rick Deville told the Flemish dailies De Standaard and Het Nieuwsblad.

"A priest accused would most often be moved, but was never punished," he complained.....

http://www.expatica.com/be/news/belgian-...61091.html
what do you think about this fartsucker?
Fartmeister, please read your PM and get back to me.  Thanks!
(04-12-2010, 08:22 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Fartmeister, please read your PM and get back to me.  Thanks!

I hope this means that Quis is doing something about this... thank you, Quis! I think we're all becoming a bit frustrated at the constant posting of negative news articles without any commentary or explanation or point of view.  I personally don't think FishEaters is meant to be a news clearing house.

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse

(04-12-2010, 10:36 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're all becoming a bit frustrated at the constant posting of negative news articles without any commentary or explanation or point of view. 

Speak for yourself.
(04-12-2010, 10:54 PM)unknown Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2010, 10:36 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're all becoming a bit frustrated at the constant posting of negative news articles without any commentary or explanation or point of view. 

Speak for yourself.

Ok, you're right.  I'm becoming a bit frustrated at the constant posting of negative news articles without any commentary or explanation or point of view.  There's no problem with someone posting something critical of the Church (after all, this is FishEaters...) but usually that post/link has some sort of commentary with it, so we can understand why the person is posting it.  My question is, why is Fartmeister posting all of this stuff?  He never says anything about it, which is why I pointed out that FE is probably not meant to be a news clearing house, but a forum where people express themselves and don't just mindlessly post links to articles that constantly show the Church in a negative light.

Why I might not agree with DK's presentation, I think the point he is trying to make by responding to every single one of Fartmeister's posts with a "What do you think about this fartsucker" is a valid one.  Why post all of this stuff and not give us your view?  What are you trying to accomplish?  What's the point?

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse
This crap happened on Cardinal Daneel's watch.  Guess what Cardinal Daneel's political ideology happened to be?

First of all, could something please be done about this Fartmeister troll. Meister, I don't know, but a most annoying little fart he is for sure.

Second: I am from Belgium and this is the first thing I hear about this. The Belgian post-conciliar Church is certainly not a thing that would fill you with joy, but I doubt greatly that there would be such large scale scandals.

Third: this Fr Devillé character can hardly be called a reliable source. He's your typical loose canon, pathological liberal. A few years ago he wrote a booklet about how after the fall of communism the Papacy was the last remaining dictatorship. He eventually got more or less kicked out by the very modernist and liberal Archbishop Danneels. Believe me, to achieve that, you'd either have to be a trad or a flaming fool beyond repair.
(04-13-2010, 03:29 PM)Eurotrad Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, could something please be done about this Fartmeister troll. Meister, I don't know, but a most annoying little fart he is for sure.

Second: I am from Belgium and this is the first thing I hear about this. The Belgian post-conciliar Church is certainly not a thing that would fill you with joy, but I doubt greatly that there would be such large scale scandals.

Third: this Fr Devillé character can hardly be called a reliable source. He's your typical loose canon, pathological liberal. A few years ago he wrote a booklet about how after the fall of communism the Papacy was the last remaining dictatorship. He eventually got more or less kicked out by the very modernist and liberal Archbishop Danneels. Believe me, to achieve that, you'd either have to be a trad or a flaming fool beyond repair.

Apparently, he's gone.
[Image: sign_trolls.gif]