FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Alan Dershowitz defends the Pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, just when you thought you've seen and heard it all, this belongs in the Ripley's "Believe It Or Not" section. Harvard Law Professor, ACLU member, liberal, Jewish, defense attorney in many high profile cases, Alan Dershowitz has come out and defended the current Pontiff.

Just goes to show you never know from where and when you'll get help when you're under siege as the Pope has been. Kudos to Dershowitz, whom I've criticized elsewhere in the past for various things, for his fairness.

http://frontpagemag.com/2010/04/13/in-de...-the-pope/ 
"Nor is the Catholic Church the only institution that has faced problems of sexual abuse."

This should be the tag line for the article. 
[Image: hell_freezes_over.jpg]
(04-13-2010, 12:41 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ][Image: hell_freezes_over.jpg]

you said it!
Maybe he was trying to make up for this article from last week:  http://cgis.jpost.com/Blogs/dershowitz/e...f_covering
WOW.  I've noticed a lot of Israeli conservatives defending Pius XII lately.  The Lion has indeed laid down with the Lamb.
I like that Dershowitz and Mayor Koch have come to the Pope's defense.  However, both of them in their articles mention the fact that the media onslaught is not the fault of Jews.  Mayor Koch says this at the end of his article, and Dershowitz published an article last week disclaiming Jewish manipulation of the story.  So there might be an element of damage control here.  They see that the media are off-base and want to make sure that they, prominent Jews that they are, establish a paper trail showing that not all Jews are bashing the Pope.  This is not to say that they are being insincere.  And if they are sincere, then it is in their best interest (and ours) to defend the Pope and show that you can't just lump Jews in with the liberal media haphazardly.  But, as is so often the case with human beings, there seems to be an element of self-interest. 
When the enemies of Truth make their lies a little too blatant, the true colors are shown and people begin to realize what sides they should really be on.
At they very least, I think they're trying to distance themselves from Anderson's inept schmear campaign.
(04-13-2010, 01:55 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]At they very least, I think they're trying to distance themselves from Anderson's inept schmear campaign.

Now *that* is funny!
Pages: 1 2