FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy Father's Birthplace Vandalized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VATICAN CITY (AFP) April 13, 2010 - Once again, the birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI in the Bavarian village of Marktl am Inn has been vandalized by an unknown person. A police spokesman today said that the markings were an "offensive content", in reference to the ongoing sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church.

Blue Paint
The remark was smeared in blue paint above the front door, and was discovered early this morning by a passer-by. The damage is estimated at 1,500 euros.

Previously Vandalized
The house was previously vandalized in September of aD 2006.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...vi-is.html
Coward/s.
Cowards indeed.  We shall pray for their mercy.  Pray
If this were done to a synagogue it would be a hate crime.

Christina

wonder if georg ratzinger did it?  i couldn't believe he came out and said he hit choir boys when he hadn't been accused of it and it made me wonder if he just wants his brother to retire and come home.  that was the plan before he was elected pope and at the time georg gloomily predicted his death would soon follow.  joseph ratzinger wanted to retire and go home for ten years or longer, as i recall, but JPII insisted he needed him so he stayed on.  poor georg must think he and his brother will never live together again.  of course, you'd think georg could go live in the Vatican but he probably doesn't want to leave home. 
(04-14-2010, 09:53 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]wonder if georg ratzinger did it?  i couldn't believe he came out and said he hit choir boys when he hadn't been accused of it

That's probably just because, for better and for worse, Church prelates have absolutely no sense of public relations whatsoever. It's good in the sense that they're not pandering to CNN, but in a world where public opinion is informed more and more by mass media every day, it's absolutely killing the Church's image. Compare, on the other hand, how certain groups like Mormons and Jews keep a very tight grip on what the media says about them.
(04-14-2010, 10:53 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2010, 09:53 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]wonder if georg ratzinger did it?  i couldn't believe he came out and said he hit choir boys when he hadn't been accused of it

That's probably just because, for better and for worse, Church prelates have absolutely no sense of public relations whatsoever. It's good in the sense that they're not pandering to CNN, but in a world where public opinion is informed more and more by mass media every day, it's absolutely killing the Church's image. Compare, on the other hand, how certain groups like Mormons and Jews keep a very tight grip on what the media says about them.

two rules for life

1.  don't tell everything you know.

(04-13-2010, 10:20 PM)introibo Wrote: [ -> ]If this were done to a synagogue it would be a hate crime.

Obviously.
Anyone with an ounce of good will can see that Msgr Ratzinger was employing tried and true pedagogical techniques which were abandoned for poor reasons and will be taken up again when the current fad fades away.

He was a great master of music beloved by his students.  I can see a certain similiarity to him of Bobby Knight, who was wrongfully railroaded because he was a forceful white male who expected a lot of his students.

Men like Bobby Knight (very good educator and basketball coach from Indiana) and George Ratzinger are guardians of freedom and virtue, and will be hunted by the contemptuous pack of carion eaters for the time being.