FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ascension Thursday and Our Lady of Fatima?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, this year (apparently?) has Ascension Thursday and the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima fall on the same day this year. (Does this happen often?)

In light of the "Third Secret wild speculation thread!!!!!", anyone got any weird or crazy thoughts about this occurrence?

I thought it was a nifty enough thing to happen...

And I'm in the mood for wild speculation.

????

PS - Sorry if it's in the wrong subforum!
Catholic Prophecy by Yves Dupont (TAN books) talks about a prophecy "When Our Lady sits on Our Lords Lap....."  The author took that to mean that a major feast of Our Lady would fall on a feast of the Lord.  I have heard speculation in the past about the merging of two feasts being significant, but can't remember if it was a thread on this forum.

I posted about this in another thread, regarding the Pope's visit to Fatima on May 13 this year. Any time that Easter falls on April 4, Ascension Thursday will fall on May 13, the anniversary of Our Lady's first appearance at Fatima. Generally, Easter falls on the same date every 5,6, or 11 years, and then leap years will push it ahead a day every so often. Usually, your missal will tell you when the dates of Easter falls on, so check to see when it has fallen on April 4, and when it will again.
(04-14-2010, 06:01 AM)quoprimumV Wrote: [ -> ]Catholic Prophecy by Yves Dupont (TAN books) talks about a prophecy "When Our Lady sits on Our Lords Lap....."  The author took that to mean that a major feast of Our Lady would fall on a feast of the Lord.  I have heard speculation in the past about the merging of two feasts being significant, but can't remember if it was a thread on this forum.

That prophecy could also mean the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25) falling on Good Friday, which happened in 2005, will happen again in 2016, and won't happen again for the rest of the 21st Century. Either one is possible.

I remember that prophecy. It said that, "When Our Lord sits in our Lady's lap, England will meet with a strange mishap." 
It will be one week after the general election.

Maybe Gordon Brown will lose his other eye and we will have the blind leading the blind.