FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Handbook for Catholic Soldiers/Knights/Nobliity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,I renewed my interest in the medival,Not that it ever truly was gone LOL

I wish to make a small book (Probably write it in a notebook until I can do more)

Many people beleive that knights and Nobility is no longer since most countries don't have kings or such,well I found there is even a nobility here in Germany with what is now known as "pretenders" which is wrong since they ARE nobility.

Well I wish to make a handbook and I would like to hear some tips/codes/practicals that Catholic Soldiers Knights and Nobility should know

Try to mention to which these rules refer too (Either soldier,knight nobility or two or all of them)

Try to make sure repeats of info to a minimum,thanks

1:Tips-Anything that could be given to help
2:Codes-Code of honor,Any rule or set of rule that they should live by
3:Practice-Good practices that they should well....put into practice

Thank you all for your help

Deo volente
for all your help?  :laughing:
(04-15-2010, 07:32 PM)HotRod Wrote: [ -> ]for all your help?   :laughing:

Woooo,Dodged a bullet there,thank you very much HotRod
Sure, they exist, but nobles and knights together make up about 0.00001% of all Catholics. At least in the years prior to the French Revolution, it was about 2%. You'd be writing a book for about 30 or 40 people worldwide, I'm guessing.
Nobiity as it stands now is a crock o shit.
Just take a look at em. Knights and solders are different. I don't know what self respecting man can look at the urotrash balles nobility and honor them. Seems the only thing these useless bastards deserve is contempt. Lol
Yeah that's right.  If u don't ear you nobilty then to me ur not noble just on a fat dole if your a royal or just a ball sucker if your part o the "in crowd" what a joke.
Thoiugh I can be proven wrong. So where are the catholic nobilty? What in heavens names are they doin? And why the hell does it matter to me? St ambrose forget about the nobilty. Thyre wankers. Be. Man. The world offers you a few solid ways and puttin a wig and tights on isn't one these days that's for sure. In all seriousness if your interested may I suggest reading st Bernard of clarevaux. And some histories of the military orders such as the Templars and Hospitalars. But forget about the lnights of malta thyre o bunch o rich wankers. Until they start killin mohamadans again that's all they are. A disgrase to a once stupendpus badass outfit.
My O2
Ouch,Well...I kinda put the nobility portion in their not as the Main subject but rather more as a side.
Nobility isn't bad,the nobility section could also include those in power,

The main subject are the soldiers and the knights.A renewal of the Chilvary Spirit,my Father is/was/is a Soldier/militant in the US Army,I find many soldiers loose much morality due to bad Instruction being pounded in them,I want defenders not killing machines,I want people with ideals not those who just like to carry a gun and blow up tanks.I want something closer to the Knights Templar,The Crusaders,The Tutonic,The Hospitallers of St.John and other Clerical warriors and Paladins.I want those with belief and not just twisted views on life

I am not looking to target the actual crowd,but to more bring everyone into this spirit.The spirit of the knight,the spirit of the one who in the Armor of God walks into battle,who defends his brethren from the devil's forces,down to a knee bent and a sword in the air,I want to renew that spirit that caused such fire in the heart. The spirit that the very western world was fashioned on,If we do not start now,we will ultimately loose them all

Anyone who wants to help has my Thanks
(04-15-2010, 07:26 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,I renewed my interest in the medival,Not that it ever truly was gone LOL
Medieval, I think you mean. Your interest isn't very deep it seems ;)

And yes, it is truly gone.

Quote:Many people beleive that knights and Nobility is no longer since most countries don't have kings or such,well I found there is even a nobility here in Germany with what is now known as "pretenders" which is wrong since they ARE nobility.
I am from a High King's line as well, am I nobility?

A few countries do have Catholic monarchs, but they are rarely continuous from the "originals". Most "noble" lines start with either usurpers or military conquerors or some other non-noble achievements.

As for knights, the were professional, land/horse owning soldiers who could provide their own weapons and armour.

(04-15-2010, 09:24 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: [ -> ]The main subject are the soldiers and the knights.A renewal of the Chilvary Spirit,my Father is/was/is a Soldier/militant in the US Army,I find many soldiers loose much morality due to bad Instruction being pounded in them,I want defenders not killing machines,I want people with ideals not those who just like to carry a gun and blow up tanks.I want something closer to the Knights Templar,The Crusaders,The Tutonic,The Hospitallers of St.John and other Clerical warriors and Paladins.I want those with belief and not just twisted views on life
I want my soldiers to be killing machines.

Those orders you mentioned were highly effective killing machines, for their purpose.

Quote:I am not looking to target the actual crowd,but to more bring everyone into this spirit.The spirit of the knight,the spirit of the one who in the Armor of God walks into battle,who defends his brethren from the devil's forces,down to a knee bent and a sword in the air,I want to renew that spirit that caused such fire in the heart. The spirit that the very western world was fashioned on,If we do not start now,we will ultimately loose them all
Keep your research in reality, before you start idealising it. The "good" of what you see is rooted in the Church, not in the organisations themselves. Chivalry as a concept is mostly modern. It means "knightly" (like many languages, besides English, the word for "knight" is rooted in horse riders and chivalry is from the French). So to define a knight as being like a knight is circular. There were many traits expected of knights. The ones worth emulated came from the Church, not from being a knight. A knight could very well be chivalric and be a nasty, evil bastard.

Watch out for the True Scotsman as well in your studies. I have an interest in Medieval Europe and have studied a lot, but you do not seem to be interested in just the historical aspect. You could examine particularly noble deeds of medieval times which show the virtues of the Church best, but be careful to not make it seem this was an inherent quality. Knights could easily be greedy and murderous too.

I want to be a knight.  Where do I begin?
(04-15-2010, 09:57 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be a knight.  Where do I begin?

Start volunteering for the Knights of Malta.
Pages: 1 2 3 4