FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Announcement!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JMJ

I am very excited to announce the "Society of St. Veronica". Our mission is to make reparation to God for the many sins, insults, and outrages committed against Him, through devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus.

It consists of visiting homes with an image of the Most Holy Face of Jesus. That family will say a nine day novena (which we provide). On the ninth day we return to their home and say the last days prayers together which include a Consecration to the Holy Face. A framed image will be left with the family for their veneration.

Devotion to the Holy Face has been in existence since the Passion. After St. Veronica died, the holy veil was passed down to St. Clement, who later became pope. At various times Our Lord has visited special souls to recommend and renew in us this very powerful devotion. Our dear Lord said ," I firmly wish that my Face reflecting the intimate pains of my Soul, the suffering and love of My Heart, be more honored! Whoever gazes upon me, already consoles me." to Sr. Pierina (1938).

Our pastor has given us his blessing. We will launch the Society of St. Veronica sometime after Pentecost. He suggested to us some type of facebook or webpage. Is there anyone who could help design a web page? I have no money to pay for your services. But I can promise daily prayers and reparation made in your name. As the Society grows that would mean a lot of people!

The program that we are using is through the Holy Face Association. For those interested in starting a chapter in their own neck of the woods you can check them out. You can also PM me with any questions.
Cool! You can count on my prayers.
Come to my house.  Pray

good for you.  that's a great thing to do. 
On the May 30, 2010, the beatification of venerable Mother Pierina de Micheli will take place in Saint Mary Major Basilica in Rome, Italy
(04-20-2010, 09:36 PM)GeorgeT Wrote:Hey, The Remnant just did an article on St. Veronica and The Holy Face devotion. They even use the same picture you use as an avatar. Which is good, because I consider that the best pictue of St. Veronica I've ener seen. Has all of the qualities of illustration that I like. By the simple inclusion of 3 empty crosses in the background, you get the idea that the image takes place right after St. Veronica washes the face of Christ.

Be cautions when reading the Remnant

I am firmly in the indult camp of traditionalism, I have been quite willing to give all the Remnant the benefit of the doubt--I thought the founder (Matt) to be a bit of a kook, a bit extreme and endorsed schism.  Hence the Remnant does this.  I despise discention and fighting between traditionalists. It was easy to look at such groups as holding tradition in trust until everyone else came to their senses and realized what they were losing by abandoning it.
It seems to me regular readers of the Remnant simply no longer want any communion with their brothers and sisters in the Church at large, unless it be on their own terms. The Remnant says they do but from time to time they reveal their true intentions which is to endorse schism and view with disdain anyone who does not have their view.  Any charity they may have had towards their fellow Novus Ordo or FSSP is fading like a dim memory. For the "Conciliar Church"--they use that term almost in an ontological rather than a historical sense--they have very little love remaining.
The Remnant misguides it reader.  It is a sad, sad thing.
(04-19-2010, 11:53 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Come to my house.  Pray

...says the masked man holding the automatic weapon...
(04-22-2010, 06:14 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]

The Lone Ranger and Batman both wore masks.  We won't mention Robin, though...
(04-22-2010, 06:34 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2010, 06:14 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]

The Lone Ranger and Batman both wore masks.  We won't mention Robin, though...

Haha! But, Huh?. I'm afraid you've already just done that.

Have you seen his avatar? His comment looked pretty amusing next to it:

[Image: big+gun.JPG]

"Come to my house."