FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Miami, Florida is getting a new Archbishop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not only that, Archbishop John Favalora is retiring early before he turns 75 in December, and his replacement is the Bishop of Orlando, Florida, Thomas Wenski.

Story here:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/19/15...ed-to.html
Good for Miami. But I'm concerned about the Seattle Archdiocese. Abp Brunett's letter was accepted by B16 so now we wait for a good Trad Bishop. Pray for us.
(04-20-2010, 11:17 PM)trident59 Wrote: [ -> ]Good for Miami. But I'm concerned about the Seattle Archdiocese. Abp Brunett's letter was accepted by B16 so now we wait for a good Trad Bishop. Pray for us.

Why good for Miami? From what I here and read from those in Orlando, Wenski is not any better.
What is the dossier on Bishop Wenski? He isn't the best of Florida's bishops, he isn't the worst. Pray for him. The good --- he offered a Mass of Reperation for the scandal at Notre Dame. Yes, you heard right. A Novus Ordo Mass and Bishop offering a "Mass of Repeation" for an evil in the world. Some of the newer churches are more traditional on the outside. In the inside, they aren't so much traditional inside as we trads would perhaps like to see, but at the very least most of these churches are having the tabernacle in the center of the church (with the exception of the Cathedral, how sad to see such a truly inspirational renovation and restoration of the Cathedral to come with such sacred art work, but only to still have the bishop's chair in the center of the sanctuary and the tabernacle off to the side). He also barred one "seer" from Medjugorie (Sp?) after I discussed with him this event at the local basillica. He did "increase" the number of TLMs, e.g. the FSSP now serve Ocala, and there has been a diocese based Mass in Sanford (I don't support this Mass for a variety of reasons, including because it was SPECIFICALLY divide and conquer vs. the SSPX -- I know I was one of the first lay people who knew about the planned Mass 6 months before it even started).

The lows...so many of them. I once kept a dossier on them until I finally started going to the SSPX's church and had enough of seeing the same abuses and the Vatican doing nothing. Just some, between him and his clergy. He once called the Koran "Holy." He gave $10,000 of CATHOLIC parishioner's money personally to Protestants after their church crumbled in a tornado. He didn't take any safeguards or increase respect for the Holy Eucharist after the infamous incident at the University of Central Florida where an athiest held the host hostage. Priests promote the likes of Richard Rohr, "What if we just said wait?" crowd --- including the diocese liturgical director, etc.  You're typical ecumenist, yearly "Martin Luther King, Jr." Mass. Liturgical dancers at the consecration ceremony of a church (don't let the ombrelleno fool you!); http://www.pbase.com/valetao/vietnamese&page=all. I can go on and on with liturgy and his politics, but as I stated, it got old after a while.
(04-21-2010, 01:41 AM)OLOMC Wrote: [ -> ]The lows...so many of them. I once kept a dossier on them until I finally started going to the SSPX's church and had enough of seeing the same abuses and the Vatican doing nothing. Just some, between him and his clergy. He once called the Koran "Holy." He gave $10,000 of CATHOLIC parishioner's money personally to Protestants after their church crumbled in a tornado. He didn't take any safeguards or increase respect for the Holy Eucharist after the infamous incident at the University of Central Florida where an athiest held the host hostage. Priests promote the likes of Richard Rohr, "What if we just said wait?" crowd --- including the diocese liturgical director, etc.  You're typical ecumenist, yearly "Martin Luther King, Jr." Mass. Liturgical dancers at the consecration ceremony of a church (don't let the ombrelleno fool you!); http://www.pbase.com/valetao/vietnamese&page=all. I can go on and on with liturgy and his politics, but as I stated, it got old after a while.

i.e. just another apostate bishop. Thanks for the heads up. You can find me in my "independent" Catholic chapel.
He's better for Miami than the man he's replacing.  What's going to be interesting is how many other retirements will follow.
(04-21-2010, 09:36 AM)Magnificat Wrote: [ -> ]He's better for Miami than the man he's replacing.   What's going to be interesting is how many other retirements will follow.

Isn't this the Bishop that forced the local Catholic Radio station to allow time slots for Protestant programing or am I thinking of another Floridian Bishop?
(04-21-2010, 09:36 AM)Magnificat Wrote: [ -> ]He's better for Miami than the man he's replacing.   What's going to be interesting is how many other retirements will follow.

Indeed. Favalora's time as Archbishop of Miami has been rife with scandal.

http://lexetlibertas.wordpress.com/2009/...st-resign/

The Miami Archdiocese , believe it or not advertised in the Gay Newspaper in Miami under Favalora, need i say more.
Sorry----------FOR VOCATIONS :o :o :o :o
Pages: 1 2