FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I have come to a conclusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(04-28-2010, 07:35 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]That's right lads according to some here u should only give a shit about what's in your backyard, your paish. All else just shut up it doesn't effect you.
Mmmmm
Well that's a new twist to catholic ie universal isn't it?
Sip sip

Affect....not effect.  Sorry...pet peeve of mine.

Pray tell, where is the good in the OP worrying about the likes of Cardinal Mahoney?  Can he do anything about it?  No.  So what is the point of obsessing on it?

To the OP, how can you claim that you think that Benedict XVI is the pope while in the same breath you say that the NO church is not the Catholic Church?  Benedict XVI has never celebrated a TLM publicly as pope, and as far as we know doesn't celebrate it privately either.  How can you think he is still the pope if he is so clearly engrossed in the Novus Ordo?  You cannot have it both ways.  Either you think that the "NO Church" is not the Catholic Church or you think that the pope is not the pope.
yes indeed we should only give a shit about whats in our back yard or our parish. all else is just obsessing. whats the point in getting upset at heretic bishops or homo priests as long its not my bishop or my priest.
mmmmmmmmm
sip sip
i dont like the sound of that
(04-28-2010, 09:29 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]yes indeed we should only give a shit about whats in our back yard or our parish. all else is just obsessing. whats the point in getting upset at heretic bishops or homo priests as long its not my bishop or my priest.
mmmmmmmmm
sip sip

Righteous indignation only gets you so far.  If you did have a homo priest or a heretic bishop, the ONLY thing you can do is vote with your feet and your money.  Go to a trad parish and put all your money there.  I am guessing that is what the OP is probably doing.  All else is useless obsession and not helpful with salvation.
(04-28-2010, 05:20 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]The conclusion I have come too is that the Catholic Church exists in the traditional orders. Pope Benedict is indeed Pope and we must wait for a Pope to restore the Church (we must all pray that Benedict may be converted from his modernism and be that Pope) I think Benedict has started the process but were still talking about two seperate religions. I just read an article on Angelqueen where Bishop Dolan of New York said at a meeting of the ADL that it is heresey to forget the holocaust I am sorry but that is not part of the CATHOLIC Church. Its part of the one world religion started by JPII the Apostate clown Pope.

1) You are setting yourself up as your own pope. Don't judge another's soul.

2) Show more respect for a pope than that. He had his faults, but he was chosen by God and he was a holy man.

3) Bishops can make mistakes (Dolan). Also can you site a credible source for this?

4) You just acussed our present pope of being a modernist heretic. Modernism preaches against the idea of the Church being instituted by Christ, doesn't it? It denies the supernatural, doesn't it? Well I have read several of our pope's books and several other readings from him and I can tell you he is no modernist. He has his faults, but I would wager my life that he may one day be named a saint.

5) You appear to have been very wounded by what you see in the Church. Yet this is not in a balanced way. You have gone from simply loving the EF to letting your anger get a hold of you. I've been seeing your posts and they have been becoming increasingly vitriolic. Especially your recent "clown pope" comment. Frankly I think you need to take a step back and start watching out for your spiritual life more. This does not help your relationship wtih God nor you as a person. How are you developing while having these angry and bitter thoughts? Are they clouding you from prayer? Why are you judging the souls of hundreds of millions of Catholics?! You are saying the vast bulk  of Catholics attending the OF are not really Catholics? You need to ask yourself whether you are Catholic or Donatist. The Church has always had heretics within its ranks. It has always had liturgical abuses within. Sometimes worse than others in these two regards. Yet the Church has not fallen to the smoke of satan.

If the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church than neither will the hippies! :)
(04-28-2010, 09:29 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]yes indeed we should only give a shit about whats in our back yard or our parish. all else is just obsessing. whats the point in getting upset at heretic bishops or homo priests as long its not my bishop or my priest.
mmmmmmmmm
sip sip

Being upset at these things when it leads to productive responses (like praying) is great, but there is a problem when being upset leads people to state that the Church is not the Church. 
Petertherock:

If you are able, read the unabridged version of St. Catherine's Dialogue. Unfortunately, the most common English version is the abridged version translated by Algor Thorold (this is the one common on the 'net, published by TAN, etc.). The abridged versions leave out a lot of the most important parts for people in our day (perhaps they were left out so as not to scandalize the faithful of a more pristine time?). Anyway, this is the best version, IMO, and contains the most helpful treatises and other letters. It will bring peace to your soul and show you what is the proper response to the things that scandalize you so much.  

http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Siena-Di...0809122332
(04-28-2010, 09:52 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote: [ -> ]5) You appear to have been very wounded by what you see in the Church. Yet this is not in a balanced way. You have gone from simply loving the EF to letting your anger get a hold of you. I've been seeing your posts and they have been becoming increasingly vitriolic. Especially your recent "clown pope" comment. Frankly I think you need to take a step back and start watching out for your spiritual life more.

I've been feeling concerned about  Baskerville.  He is in a horrible situation.  He is in a diocese that is the grip of liberalism so badly that the Masses are a source of spiritual danger.  He has understandably come to the decision he cannot attend.  He does not have access to the TLM either.  He is trying to survive without the Eucharist.  We should be keeping him in our prayers.

Baskerville, is moving elsewhere an option at all?  You are starving where you are.

(04-28-2010, 05:25 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2010, 05:20 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]The conclusion I have come too is that the Catholic Church exists in the traditional orders. Pope Benedict is indeed Pope and we must wait for a Pope to restore the Church (we must all pray that Benedict may be converted from his modernism and be that Pope) I think Benedict has started the process but were still talking about two seperate religions. I just read an article on Angelqueen where Bishop Dolan of New York said at a meeting of the ADL that it is heresey to forget the holocaust I am sorry but that is not part of the CATHOLIC Church. Its part of the one world religion started by JPII the Apostate clown Pope.

I think you need to look further back to find the true roots, it was Pius XII that started toadying up to the Jews after the war. His Holiness was used as a steamroller to overcome resistance to Israel's founding. It is very easy to feel sorry for the suffering they endured but entirely possible to be manipulated by the same people as well. Now, look how well they've treated him for all of his usefulness, too. Perfidious; no?

True but I just cant see V.Pius XII going into a synagogue and praying for the coming of the Messiah or saying the Jews have a saving covenant.
(04-28-2010, 10:37 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2010, 05:25 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]

I think you need to look further back to find the true roots, it was Pius XII that started toadying up to the Jews after the war. His Holiness was used as a steamroller to overcome resistance to Israel's founding. It is very easy to feel sorry for the suffering they endured but entirely possible to be manipulated by the same people as well. Now, look how well they've treated him for all of his usefulness, too. Perfidious; no?

True but I just cant see V.Pius XII going into a synagogue and praying for the coming of the Messiah or saying the Jews have a saving covenant.

Did he actually pray for the coming of a Messiah? Also recall that you have had popes like John XXII who have had unorthodox ideas. Other popes, like Benedict IX, were utterly corrupt. Frankly you need to remember that even if it is a personal belief he has it is still not him countering papal infallibility. Also do recall that under Pope Benedict an ambiguous element in the CCC is being removed which could be interpretted as saying the Jewish creed is as valid as the Christian one. The going into the synagogue thing is something which might help in the long run in converting peopel to the faith though it might sound ludicrous. Frankly I think the praying in the synagogue, though an attempt to show respect, is a little too far I don't think he seriously considers Judaism to be equal to Catholicism. Just look at all of his attacks against relativism and nihilism.
The Novus Ordo Church is not the Catholic Church.

Only a very blind or very naïve (or uneducated) catholic can think otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10