FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I have come to a conclusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(04-29-2010, 02:51 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Are you in schism?

No.  :smokin:
Who moi? No the questipn here is
Is Rome?
Sip sip
(04-29-2010, 03:48 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]was the church the church when it was int he catacombs or under persecution under the reds or in under the republican zone during the last crusade ie Spanish civil war in spain or during thre great terror? or the terror during the prod revolt in england? in those cases the church didnt have buildings or was very visible which seem sot be your hang up?

Hierarchical structure is what he is referring to. THe priests and bishops and laity as well as the magisterium. You know that he cannot be referring to merely the buildings.
n i dont know that and janek is a lass. what does great apostasy mean? is it just a name of a local pink band or does it actually mean something?
do tell
(04-29-2010, 09:17 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]n i dont know that and janek is a lass. what does great apostasy mean? is it just a name of a local pink band or does it actually mean something?
do tell

You are right about me being a lass and Blessed Karl is right about everything else.  When we talk about "visible structure of Church" in the context of theology it does not mean buildings.  As for "great apostasy" a google search shows it a term much used by heretics and schismatics.  It is probably a warning sign if you encounter someone talking about it.
(04-29-2010, 09:54 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2010, 09:17 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]n i dont know that and janek is a lass. what does great apostasy mean? is it just a name of a local pink band or does it actually mean something?
do tell

You are right about me being a lass and Blessed Karl is right about everything else.  When we talk about "visible structure of Church" in the context of theology it does not mean buildings.  As for "great apostasy" a google search shows it a term much used by heretics and schismatics.   It is probably a warning sign if you encounter someone talking about it.

The Mormons use the term "great apostasy" to refer to the Catholic Church.  Heh.

Pax,
Jesse
Guess Our lady of fatima is a heretic eh janek  is that right jesse?
sip sip
(04-29-2010, 11:48 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Guess Our lady of fatima is a heretic eh janek  is that right jesse?
sip sip

It does not seem likely.  However, the first pages of google hits for "great apostasy" that I looked at indicate this term is favoured by heretics and schismatics for referring to the Catholic Church.  While this does not apply to Our Lady, most people using this term appear to want to reject the authority of the Church. 
yes but God gave you a noddle for a reason. if you need to know and don't already i am not a mormon. and neither is Our Lady. i am using that term the way she used it. so is she a heretic then? mormons also use the word jesus Christ. should we stop using that lest some see us as mormons? the list can go on and i know shit about mormons but im not surprised Catholics and prods and Mormons have a common language that can interchange. sacrament is another prods use that term too.

also dont let google be your noodle!!
(04-28-2010, 01:54 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]I have decided that the NO Church is not part of the Catholic Church.

Keep up the good fight  :tiphat:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10