FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Francisco Franco was a hero.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Francos actions where justified the church thought so. and even called the civil war a crusade!!! the Church indeed thought Franco and the generals were justified in revolting against the vile commies and anarchist who where barbarous to the extreme. yes indeed they were justified.
of course they could of done nothing and then what?? thats the difference between being a catholic and being a nominal catholic. Catholics will rise to the task to defend the church and destroy her enemies. as is the case with franco and the generals who saw the evil which was destroying their nation. so will herr answer my question?
what would you suggest they of done?
play tiddly wings? hope for the best?
And I would like to know what exactly these mysterious "bad" actions are that people are alluding to but don't mention!!!   The media has ingrained everyone to recoil like a Pavlovian dog at the mention of Franco, without giving details.  Killing commies is a great thing!
alos it should be noted Mascardos 16 year old son was murdered by the reds. just sayin
(04-30-2010, 10:01 PM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]Killing commies is a great thing!

Converting them is even better :)
(04-30-2010, 10:07 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]

They seem to be ordaining more of them than converting them these days.........
(04-30-2010, 10:11 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2010, 10:07 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]

They seem to be ordaining more of them than converting them these days.........
:laughing:
Killing an atheist converts them instantly. 
(04-30-2010, 10:24 PM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]Killing an atheist converts them instantly. 

Witty.  Too bad that conversion is for their eternal damnation instead of their eternal salvation.  I'm grateful some well-meaning Catholic didn't kill me to convert me instantly.  After all, it is the most efficient way, eh?

Pax,
Jesse
I always here about how terrible Franco was but never get a real sense of what exactly he did that was so terrible.
Of course slack needs to be given because he was suppresing dangerous communists, anarchists and anti-Catholics, so one has to react to violence with violence.
Perhaps we are experiencing modern sensibilities being used to judge past events coupled with left-wing sympathies and anti-Catholic attitudes coming together to reinterpret history.
A good point of reference for me is, "would a sincere Catholic and his Church be able to live a prosper under Franco's regime?" if the answer is yes, then one should be giving him the benefit of the doubt.
(04-30-2010, 10:27 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2010, 10:24 PM)PeterII Wrote: [ -> ]Killing an atheist converts them instantly. 

Witty.  Too bad that conversion is for their eternal damnation instead of their eternal salvation.   I'm grateful some well-meaning Catholic didn't kill me to convert me instantly.  After all, it is the most efficient way, eh?

Pax,
Jesse

I doubt you were murdering priests or raping nuns either though.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9