FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cigar talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone know why those thick black cigars give me a strong buzz for about an hour?? Is it the nicotine content or something else?? However on the flip side, the lighter brown, hand rolled cigars do nothing for me.

For the record, I don't smoke cigarettes, so I never inhale.
(04-30-2010, 11:23 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know why those thick black cigars give me a strong buzz for about an hour?? Is it the nicotine content or something else?? However on the flip side, the lighter brown, hand rolled cigars do nothing for me.

For the record, I don't smoke cigarettes, so I never inhale.

What kind of dark cigars were they?  Sumatran tobacco and Central American tobacco are dark, and can pack quite a punch that would leave your head spinning.  But contrary to common belief, true Maduro tobaccos (some of those dark, black cigars) are generally quite mild, and often a little on the sweet side.

So to answer the "why," some tobaccos are simply stronger than others.  A stronger flavor does not necessarily mean more nicotine content, though.  Each tobacco and each cigar has its own unique properties.  But I think you'll find that there are plenty of lighter colored cigars/tobaccos that would give you quite the buzz.  Partagas Serie D, anyone???  :o
I believe they were the Romeo y Julieta... And now that I think of it those cigars weren't that dark and they still created quite a punch... I don't remember the names of the others.
(04-30-2010, 11:23 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]...so I never inhale.

That's what Billy said...
Lol his intern sure did
Cough

Right at 3:00 to 3:15.  Said it to his face.  Classic moment.
Cigars taste and smell good.
You know, there's nothing like a good cigar and a glass of wine after dinner.

[Image: stogies.jpg]

This is me after a hard day's work.
(06-05-2010, 07:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]You know, there's nothing like a good cigar and a glass of wine after dinner.

[Image: stogies.jpg]

This is me after a hard day's work.
;D
Smoked a Fuentes Opus X last night....Not advisable to drive while smoking this! :cuckoo:
Pages: 1 2 3