FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: One Priest's Perspective on Communion in the Hand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That photo was on easter, he gave the new baptized kneeling as they should be on the toung under both species by guess what intinction.  a term we often dont hear of anymore, a way to salve the problem of spreding germs from using the common cup and to participate more fully of the command eat of this and drink this.  the option to recieve on the toung always was there, I wont do it any other way. and I think it its a horrorable thing to do to touch your Lord with unconsecrated hands not to mention how many people sneeze in their hands and then without washing handle the lord on said hands.

Pope Bennidict always was the teaching type, he is a scholar so can you expect him to teach as opposed to being a superstar almost celeberty type like John Paul the 2nd who lead by his actions and not as much with his words.

signed Jeremy churches of fort wayne
I remember a story on here or AQ about how a priest after MP was going to say a TLM but his anti-Bishop told the priest he would stop paying him and he would cut his benefits if he did and that yes, he could fight this through Rome but it would take years and he knew the priest couldn't live without pay and medical insurance for the years it would take to fight this. It's Bishops like this that I am quite sure will be on the bottom pit of Hell.

(05-01-2010, 04:10 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]ipi, I'm sure there are plenty of good and holy NO priests who would like to do just what you suggest, but there are plenty of unholy bishops they report to that will bring a hammer down on them if they dare.   The Pope needs to move the bishops to action, get rid of the bad bishops, and then the pastors will fall in line or the bishop will have something to say.

My NO pastor puts articles up on the bulletin board in the vestibule about why it is good to receive on the tongue and kneeling.  A large proportion of the people do receive on the tongue.  Only a few of us kneel as well, but the priest is very supportive of it. 
yet the rubrics of the Novus Ordo State we are supposed to have a freestanding altar so the priest can face the people and we are supposed to stand to recieve communion.  Bull number 1 and number 2.  kneeling is the traditional way to receive our Lord for a longer period of time then standing up like we are going to trick or treat to get candy or something or the protestents, lords supper, crackers and grapejuice. 

Jesus took bread and wine not unsalted crackers and grapejuice in a plastic cup, and said "Do This" in memory of Me, not do this "In Memory" of me.

Another thing our eastern brothers and sisters have belived in giveing the body and the blood to even infants so a little bit of wine is not going to kill the kids, they have done it for centuries, as have we.

The old altars should be allowed to be used, as they sometimes in rare cases are, such as in Rome in places, and I talked to one of the people that are guards if you will at the University of Notre Dame the nice French Baroque altar in the lady chaple is used by priests on special occasions or when they have a special mass for a priests family they can use the altar there, and it is facing east or at least the same direction that the main altar would have been when it was used, instead of just the Tabornacle as it is today.
If I were a priest I would do everything in my power to say only the TLM. If I was forced by an evil Bishop to say the NO I would begrudgingly say it Ad Orientum, in Latin, there would be no altar girls, no lay women in the sanctuary during Mass, Communion would be given kneeling on the tongue (with the obvious exception of people who have a hard time kneeling would be allowed to stand as it is at any TLM. Of course this wouldn't happen because I wouldn't go to the NO Church to be a priest.

(05-02-2010, 01:12 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]If I were a priest I would do everything in my power to say only the TLM. If I was forced by an evil Bishop to say the NO I would begrudgingly say it Ad Orientum, in Latin, there would be no altar girls, no lay women in the sanctuary during Mass, Communion would be given kneeling on the tongue (with the obvious exception of people who have a hard time kneeling would be allowed to stand as it is at any TLM. Of course this wouldn't happen because I wouldn't go to the NO Church to be a priest.

Most bishops that don't allow the TLM except in the ghetto don't allow those things in the NO Masses either, and they generally have their dioceses stacked with priests who won't be "problems" to their particular way of thinking.  In fact, most men who would do as you describe are vetted out at Seminary.
I dont blame them, but on the other hand, group think is the death of an organazation.  I know the church has her teachings, but reinforcing bad practices are nothing more then groupthink the same type of thing that caused nasa to allow the challenger accedent even with all the signs they kept on in their arrogance.
(05-02-2010, 01:12 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]If I were a priest I would do everything in my power to say only the TLM. If I was forced by an evil Bishop to say the NO I would begrudgingly say it Ad Orientum, in Latin, there would be no altar girls, no lay women in the sanctuary during Mass, Communion would be given kneeling on the tongue (with the obvious exception of people who have a hard time kneeling would be allowed to stand as it is at any TLM. Of course this wouldn't happen because I wouldn't go to the NO Church to be a priest.

There is no "NO Church."  There is only the Roman Catholic Church, with an Ordinary Form and an Extraordinary Form of the Mass.     

(04-30-2010, 11:38 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Avoiding the NO altogether sends a message when the TLM is full and their pews (and coffers) are empty.

Yeah lol. I notice that our SSPX parish is the largest in this diocese by far. Most big feasts end up with standing room only unless you turned up about an hour early to stake out a good seat on a pew.
Pages: 1 2