FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First Friday's and Saturday's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, for those of us that refuse to go to the NO, how are we supposed to do First Friday's and Saturday's devotion when there are no TLM's on Friday's and Saturday's in those areas? Would making a spiritual Communion be sufficient or are we simply unable to fullfill this devotion?

I think we're just unable to fulfill the devotion, unfortunately.
(05-01-2010, 07:50 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So, for those of us that refuse to go to the NO, how are we supposed to do First Friday's and Saturday's devotion when there are no TLM's on Friday's and Saturday's in those areas? Would making a spiritual Communion be sufficient or are we simply unable to fullfill this devotion?

Move as soon as you can to an area where there is daily TLM
(05-01-2010, 08:03 PM)AlanF Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're just unable to fulfill the devotion, unfortunately.
I would have to agree. I don't fit into this category, but I can see how difficult it would be.

If it were me, I would try and fulfill the devotion as much as possible and make a spiritual communion in place of attendance at mass. I think it's better than just not doing it. Our Lord and Our Lady know your intent and know your situation. I'd try and see it as an opportunity to cultivate some virtue, namely perseverance.

I hope your situation improves (proximity to TLM) and I'll pray for you :pray:
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have mercy on us.
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us.
(05-01-2010, 07:50 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So, for those of us that refuse to go to the NO, how are we supposed to do First Friday's and Saturday's devotion when there are no TLM's on Friday's and Saturday's in those areas? Would making a spiritual Communion be sufficient or are we simply unable to fullfill this devotion?

If you refuse to go to Mass, then you cannot fulfil them and pretending to fulfil them would be insulting to Our Lord.

If there truly is no Mass available to attend, then one cannot fulfil them either, but I think making spiritual communions and doing one's best to fulfil them would be beneficial.

What promises do these devotions offer that you are not already offered by living a virtuous Catholic life?