FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Levada claims celibacy was the problem in priestly abuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well here is one good thought: I believe C.Levada along with C. Mahoney and some other cronies all turn 75 next year.  yeah.  May they all retire. Preferably far away.

And married men never abuse children or have affairs???

Marriage does not cure SSA.

And if someone wants to break their vows of chastity and celebacy there are certainly other ways than raping children of your same sex.  These are perverted men who never should have been ordained. Not to mention they are also criminals.
(05-03-2010, 04:36 PM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]Well here is one good thought: I believe C.Levada along with C. Mahoney and some other cronies all turn 75 next year.  yeah.  May they all retire. Preferably far away.
While I agree with your appraisal of Levada, the question it brings up is why would BXVI *choose* to appoint such a person to this post ???

I always thought (or perhaps this was wishful) he was less naive than JPII.

I mean, if he appointed this guy, turning 75 is not the solution, he makes bad decisions and can easily make another in appointing Levada's successor.
(05-03-2010, 08:25 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2010, 04:36 PM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]Well here is one good thought: I believe C.Levada along with C. Mahoney and some other cronies all turn 75 next year.  yeah.  May they all retire. Preferably far away.
While I agree with your appraisal of Levada, the question it brings up is why would BXVI *choose* to appoint such a person to this post ???

I always thought (or perhaps this was wishful) he was less naive than JPII.

I mean, if he appointed this guy, turning 75 is not the solution, he makes bad decisions and can easily make another in appointing Levada's successor.

Maybe it was a stopgap or a transition of sorts. Look how far the BXVI has moved the Church the past couple years. Perhaps a more traditional / conservative bishop wouldn't have been "acceptable" at the time.
Pages: 1 2