FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Please keep Father Kloster in your prayers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Last Wednesday, Father Kloster, under the directive of Archbishop Gomez, was told that there were 'no further assignments' for him after July 1. He is not going to say Mass at St. Pius X anymore, effective immediately, but I don't know if that was Father Kloster's decision, or if he asked not to say Mass.

I don't have any idea what brought this about, but find this very, very troubling. I did send an email to the office asking for a simple explanation, but have not heard from them. I will let everyone know once I have the official explanation/reason.

Well Father Kloster is pretty outspoken, doubtless someone took offense and was powerful enough to influence this decision.  Sure it is okay for the dissenters and modernists to continue to run things at the OMI but a traditional priest like Fr. Kloster is not wanted.  I hope that he finds his way to the FSSP or something where he will not be opposed at every step for his TLMs and so on.

I would attend his TLM when I could when in San Antonio.

Write again when you find out what will happen with him.
(05-16-2010, 09:36 AM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]Last Wednesday, Father Kloster, under the directive of Archbishop Gomez, was told that there were 'no further assignments' for him after July 1. He is not going to say Mass at St. Pius X anymore, effective immediately, but I don't know if that was Father Kloster's decision, or if he asked not to say Mass.

I don't have any idea what brought this about, but find this very, very troubling. I did send an email to the office asking for a simple explanation, but have not heard from them. I will let everyone know once I have the official explanation/reason.

Ab.José Horacio Gómez of Archdiocese of LA,CA.Is that the one you mean?This can't be,I can not believe,this man was suppose to be the "Good" to the last Archbishop Mahoney's "Bad" or "not so good". :( This is really hearbreaking.
What sort of affiliation does he have? FSSP, SSPX, Diocesan, Christ the King, Other?
I wonder with Abp. Gomez to be going to LA before the end of the month, if he is still running things in San Antonio.  Could it be that some interim person, already acting in charge, has made this decision?
(05-16-2010, 01:04 PM)Christopher Wrote: [ -> ]What sort of affiliation does he have? FSSP, SSPX, Diocesan, Christ the King, Other?

He is a diocesan priest. His main assignment is as a hospital chaplain, not as a pastor or vicar of any parish. He only celebrates Sunday Mass at this church once or twice a month, but does so regularly on weekdays.
Today at Mass, the pastor, Father McHugh said that Father Kloster would depart the Archdiocese effective June 1. He said however, that the Latin Mass was there to stay at St. Pius X. That he would seek to find another priest who said the Mass with as much reverence as Father Kloster. That "as in a company, the board members in their meetings enjoy a level of privacy in regards to their conversations, and that we should all respect the conversations between the Archbishop, Father Kloster, and himself". And that "as Father Kloster graciously was obedient to the Archbishop, we in turn should be obedient to the Archbishop by respecting their privacy."

Whatever diocese or Archdiocese that eventually picks up Father Kloster, all I can say is lucky you. Gonna miss him dearly.
(05-16-2010, 02:59 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: [ -> ]Today at Mass, the pastor, Father McHugh said that Father Kloster would depart the Archdiocese effective June 1. He said however, that the Latin Mass was there to stay at St. Pius X. That he would seek to find another priest who said the Mass with as much reverence as Father Kloster. That "as in a company, the board members in their meetings enjoy a level of privacy in regards to their conversations, and that we should all respect the conversations between the Archbishop, Father Kloster, and himself". And that "as Father Kloster graciously was obedient to the Archbishop, we in turn should be obedient to the Archbishop by respecting their privacy."

Whatever diocese or Archdiocese that eventually picks up Father Kloster, all I can say is lucky you. Gonna miss him dearly.

Well.May where ever Father Kloster go,may he find a place to rest.

Atleast,at the very least,the Latin Mass will stay.
At Mass today Father McHugh gave a sermon that pretty much said Father Kloster was toast in the archdiocese, was gracious in being fired, and that we are supposed to just muddle along. I think it might have been last week's sermon that did  in Father Kloster . He came out pretty strong against the masculinization of women, and the feminization of men.  It was a pretty gold standard make you think, make you examine, come to Jesus Father Kloster sermon, heck, after years of the insipid  crap I've had to sit through it was like a cold glass of water in a desert. With Father Kloster you know where you stand, no wishy-washiness. My impression is that the the Lavender Mafia is pretty entrenched in SA, along with the nuns who want to be priests, and Father, in his outspokenness, gave them the ammo they needed to get him tossed. The archdiocese was already in a dither after Scott Stroud did that hatchet job on Father in the Express News. One of the older Latin Mass people said that he refused to be obedient to the bishop, and frankly, he (the parishoner) seemed pretty much  OK with the suspension which surprised me. But then I thought about it. My take is that there is a group who has kept the TLM mass alive in SA for years, and they were relieved to have found a place in St. Pius X, and were pissed that Father Kloster wouldn't play nice. They may THINK that they have found a place in St. Pius, but I think after years of being relegated to the shadows they may be mistaking the toleration as acceptance, just my opinion, which is worth zip. Then there is the group that loves Father Kloster, wants their own parish that could be left alone by the archdiocese and not be the red-haired stepchild of the NO parish, and I'm sure that someone can chime in with another group.

impressions I and others have had is that we have been barely tolerated at St. Pius. Remember the schola troubles? We are already lacking a sense of community in that we come from everywhere in SA and beyond. Very few live with in the geographical boundaries of the parish. It is our achilles heel. We are housed in a hostile NO parish, there is no real communication within the community, and we are at the mercy of an archdiocese that was at best indifferent to the TLM.  I think there is a real  disconnect between the parish we are housed in and the TLM. 

And I understand that Father Kloster was not a diocesan priest, but he was our priest. He was there on Wed and First Fridays, every Saturday, Sundays, and Holy Days of Obligation. He was there for confession on Saturday. He came to our homes, baptized our children. He visited his parishioners when they were hospitalized at Lackland, not his assigned hospital He was there for my family when we went through a HORRIFIC year last year. He opened one of my children's eyes to a possibility of a vocation. I cannot tell you how much my family owes to him. He is truly one of the most holy men we have ever met. So he may not have been our official pastor, but he was our priest.

Sorry that I am de-lurking and making this my first post. I am a convert who was crushed to discover that the Church I had converted to seemed to no longer exist, and found a true home with the TLM.

PM me if you want to talk off record. Would like to talk with someone who attend St. Pius or has gone through something similar. Not to gossip, but I need to get my head around this. Ideally we would meet at a tavern or coffee shop but cyberspace could suffice.

:pray: an ave for Father and one for the parish he is leaving.

He should go to the FSSP or SSPX or ICK or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4