FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tradition on the March: The proposed new Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...stery.html

It brings tears to my eyes. We can when we want still make them like we used to.
Beautiful!

Why anyone wouldn't want to have sacred buildings and spaces like this is beyond me.

Thanks for posting.

Pax,
Jesse
It looks glorious.  Let us pray that it will not be sullied with clown Masses featuring Protestant folk songs.
Pray
What a beautiful place!  I so wish more churches and monasteries would be built in these styles.  We need the sacred space back!

Dominus tecum
I love the plans and I love their coffee!!  Midnight Vigils Blend is my favorite.  I'll have to keep drinking it so they can build that beautiful place.

God is very good
(05-18-2010, 09:23 PM)deprofundis Wrote: [ -> ]I love the plans and I love their coffee!!  Midnight Vigils Blend is my favorite.  I'll have to keep drinking it so they can build that beautiful place.

Yes, mine, too! And yes, me too!  Pray
Are those flying buttresses!? :o

I looked through the entire plan. Let us hope that this is someday an example to the rest on how to build a worship site.
I got  a DVD a year ago about there plans to expand.  These drawings were not included.  There life is deeply traditional and joyful, and they get to make coffee.  Woot.

They wanted to buy up some property to expand and give some to the Trad Carmelite Sisters.  But they found out the land is already owned by the Bill Gates.  Where is HM to rightfully complain?  According to their blog, it looks like they got some land recently, so expansion continues.  Deo Gratias.

They have hermitages in the woods by the way, and they want to one day give Carmelite retreats.

I encourage everybody to contribute to their cause.  Just imagine all those Carmelite monks praying for your intentions.  Quite powerful it is.