FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is it just me or...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that gigas and credo seem to post nothing but anti-traditional pro-VII propaganda?  Surely someone else has noticed that the only time they post is to denigrate rational arguments and defend the actions of the post-concilliar Church.  It seems that in both cases, when one posts a defense of tradition against their tirades, no response is forthcoming.  Are they gently sowing the seeds of dissent?  Ultimately, my question is, why does Quis allow this to continue?
Jamie, I don't think you can start a thread that calls out certain fishies, no matter. Second I am deeply offended that I was not included as one of the "baddies". Some one in another thread had the good taste to name all three of us; glgas, credo, and little old me timoose But no fears son, I'm sure others agree with you.
tim
(05-22-2010, 07:39 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie, I don't think you can start a thread that calls out certain fishies, no matter. Second I am deeply offended that I was not included as one of the "baddies". Some one in another thread had the good taste to name all three of us; glgas, credo, and little old me timoose But no fears son, I'm sure others agree with you.
tim

As much as I am sure it pains you to hear it - I have not noticed that you are particularly wicked - certainly not on a par with the two I named!

I should also point out that I am relatively new here and if it is a rule that I am not allowed to point out that there are infiltrators here I would have been more discreet.  Heaven forbid I break the rules by pointing out the elephant in the room Smile
Jamie,

I have to disagree with you.  The 2 folks mentioned are not hecklers.  They simply disagree  with some of the more fanatical posts.  A lot of folks on here are ready dogmatize things that aren't dogma, things that are simply Roman Customs. Sometimes they give characters like Fr Gruner and Chris Fereira the gift of infallibility. Sometimes they do nothing but Trash ALL Catholics who worship in the OF, when they've probably never set foot in the OF.  CREDO, GIGAS and TIMOOSE simply call these folks out on it. If you think they are wrong about something, then challenge them with a sound argument. If you have no sound argument, then you might want to question your own opinion. 

Calling these folks out in a post like this is not very polite. It only discourages debate; debate being the main reason for a Forum
(05-22-2010, 08:19 AM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie,

I have to disagree with you.  The 2 folks mentioned are not hecklers.  They simply disagree  with some of the more fanatical posts.  A lot of folks on here are ready dogmatize things that aren't dogma, things that are simply Roman Customs. Sometimes they give characters like Fr Gruner and Chris Fereira the gift of infallibility. Sometimes they do nothing but Trash ALL Catholics who worship in the OF, when they've probably never set foot in the OF.  CREDO, GIGAS and TIMOOSE simply call these folks out on it. If you think they are wrong about something, then challenge them with a sound argument. If you have no sound argument, then you might want to question your own opinion.   

Calling these folks out in a post like this is not very polite. It only discourages debate; debate being the main reason for a Forum

The reason I posted this post is that (as mentioned in my original post) when these people are faced with a logical counter-argument, they stop replying to the thread.  This is dishonesty - when someone shows you are wrong, an honest person will admit it and change their view.  The fact that the aforementioned don't, strongly suggests to me that they are here merely to spread confusion.
It may be just you!  So you are offended by those who defend the Roman Catholic Church in union with the Vicar of ChristHuh?  What Church do you belong to?

Count me in with those who defend the Church and the Pope.

"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).

Ubi Petrus, ibi Ecclesia

As for "dissent". dissent against what?  The teachings of the Church and the Magisterium?  Dissent against what is promulgated by the Supreme Pontiff?  I think everyone here favors the TLM or the EF or whatever one wants to call it. That being said, not everyone has access to the same degree; why be critical?

I plan to stay with the barque of Peter, thank you.

[Image: sacrificeyourself.jpg]
Yeah man, what is it with those guys?

JamieF Wrote:Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that gigas and credo seem to post nothing but anti-traditional pro-VII propaganda?

Interestingly, this Credo, whose postings you have so closely followed created an entire thread on this very subject:

Just to clarify a few points - http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...393.0.html

Please provide an example of something I said which classifies as propaganda. I'm waiting....  Popcorn

Quote:Surely someone else has noticed that the only time they post is to denigrate rational arguments

Not so, my good man. If you actually read what I have written then you will find that my chief gripe with the presentation of Catholic traditionalists online has to do with an over-reliance on talking-points and the same two or three dozen factoids.

Quote:It seems that in both cases, when one posts a defense of tradition against their tirades, no response is forthcoming.

I think I can answer for gigas with the answer that we have other things going on in our lives than FishEaters. This is a useful site to stay informed and toss our worthless two cents into the ring, but other things comprise our existence. We work, we shop, we eat, we recreate. As such, things slip our minds. After posting in the early mornings oftentimes, I break to sing Lauds, or eat breakfast, or take a walk. It's not for days or weeks later that I find my mind returning to this or that thread. C'est la vie, it's all the fluoride in the water. If one is really anxious to hear what I have to say on a topic, or if I have forgotten a thread I once commented on, please PM me and I will address - publically if you like - whatever you please.

Quote:Are they gently sowing the seeds of dissent?

Hardly. Anyone with enough patience can sort through my posts these last five years and notice a change in my tone and take on many points. Yet I can say in all honesty that this is the result of life. I have matured. My understanding of the religion, the last Council, the Bible, the pope, the poor, you name it, has changed. It has grown deeper. Five years ago Catholic traditionalism was largely abstract to me. If memory serves, I had attended only Latin Mass when I started posting on this site, and not a single public celebration of the Divine Office (let alone pilgrimages, retreats, conferences, funerals, and fellowship). What I considered traditionalism was largely shaped by Traditio, Thomas Droleskey, Feeneyites, Tradition in Action, and a few other internet sites to boot. In other words, my understanding of traditionalism was largely theoretical and shaped by outlets which - with the exception of Droleskey - I would be quite hesitant to touch nowadays. In other, other words, my understanding of traditionalism was half-baked.

I do not know how old you are, JamieF, but when a man is young everything is black and white and he knows everything. That my positions have deepened and moderated since I was 17 should simply be taken as a sign of better discernment. I put my foot in my mouth all the time and often find myself talking about things I have no qualifications talking about, but let's not take disagreement as malice. On the eve of Pentecost let us all pray for better discernment.

Quote:Ultimately, my question is, why does Quis allow this to continue?

Because this is a discussion forum, and because a poster with 5,300 entries would seem to be an asset worth keeping around.
(05-22-2010, 08:19 AM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]  A lot of folks on here are ready dogmatize things that aren't dogma, things that are simply Roman Customs.

That's true, but it goes both ways.  There are those here who tend to dogmatize every word out of the Holy Father's mouth whether it be an encyclical or an address from his window on a Wednesday afternoon.  The fact of the matter is that we are to stick to the Tradition and traditions that we've been handed.  That seems to look pretty radically different to guys like glgas, tim, and credo, but it always seems like they post with sincerity and out of a genuine concern and love for the Church.  There have been sedes, Muslims, pagans etc. here before and, according to the rules, they can stay so long as they respect the Church and traditionalism.  If they were trolls they'd get the boot. 

Sure, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me why you'd want to post here if you weren't a trad and especially if you weren't even Catholic, but whatever.
(05-22-2010, 09:19 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]I think I can answer for gigas with the answer that we have other things going on in our lives than FishEaters. This is a useful site to stay informed and toss our worthless two cents into the ring, but other things comprise our existence. We work, we shop, we eat, we recreate. As such, things slip our minds. After posting in the early mornings oftentimes, I break to sing Lauds, or eat breakfast, or take a walk. It's not for days or weeks later that I find my mind returning to this or that thread. C'est la vie, it's all the fluoride in the water. If one is really anxious to hear what I have to say on a topic, or if I have forgotten a thread I once commented on, please PM me and I will address - publically if you like - whatever you please.

I think what he is referring to is that you seemingly just pop in to make snarky comments and never bother replying to someone's response. Why make a comment if you're not going to bother responding to the replies?
LOL...check out all the NOtards outing themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9