FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Warning to those Kansas City Fishies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
... I may be descending on your city in the near future.... :o

A friend of mine is having her Silver Jubilee as a  Discalced Carmelite in South Dakota in July, and I'm going - Joamy? are you in South or North Dakota?

anyhoo... I'm going to look on a map and see if I need to go through Kansas City - pretty sure I do...

if so, does anyone want to meet up?

I'm not even asking WRC, because that's a given...if I have to hunt him down, I will - I'm bringing something from Georgia that will make him see the light...

...real barbecue.

:jabs:

yeah, that's right.
(05-22-2010, 12:18 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]... I may be descending on your city in the near future.... :o

A friend of mine is having her Silver Jubilee as a  Discalced Carmelite in South Dakota in July, and I'm going - Joamy? are you in South or North Dakota?

anyhoo... I'm going to look on a map and see if I need to go through Kansas City - pretty sure I do...

if so, does anyone want to meet up?

I'm not even asking WRC, because that's a given...if I have to hunt him down, I will - I'm bringing something from Georgia that will make him see the light...

...real barbecue.

:jabs:

yeah, that's right.

I'm in North Dakota, but where is your friend at?  It wouldn't probably take me all that long to get there... .   

Would it by any chance be in Alexandria, SD... I wrote to them about 5 years ago when I was in RCIA - received a lovely letter of encouragement.  :)

Wonder if I'd have to  go to Kansas City for the  BBQ ?
darn it - I'm almost positive that I sent an answer to this, but it's nowhere to be found....

anyhoo, I would absolutely LOVE to meet you, Joamy!

I'm going to have to go back to the invite and see where she is located...  :-[

...but I'll definitely let you know!

as far as the barbecue goes.... WRC is involved, don't forget....I'll at least try to save you some Brunswick Stew...

:sneaky:

Very Cool!!!!  I'll try to arrange less than 5 feet of snow for you - you did say you were coming in July?  ;D ;D
(05-23-2010, 05:28 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]Very Cool!!!!  I'll try to arrange less than 5 feet of snow for you - you did say you were coming in July?   ;D ;D

really?!!!!

how cool!!!!!!!

I went camping in Montana one July, and there was snow on the mountains... it was cold at night and hot during the day..

but you're kidding, no?.... unless North Dakota suddenly sprouts really tall mtns....

;)
(05-23-2010, 05:46 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2010, 05:28 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]Very Cool!!!!  I'll try to arrange less than 5 feet of snow for you - you did say you were coming in July?   ;D ;D

really?!!!!

how cool!!!!!!!

I went camping in Montana one July, and there was snow on the mountains... it was cold at night and hot during the day..

but you're kidding, no?.... unless North Dakota suddenly sprouts really tall mtns....

;)

Oh, Libby - we are so cool up around here.  Amazingly sub zero arctic style cool.  Sadly, no mountains.. hills (as in the Black Hills), though.  Good place to visit.  Also, if you are a Little House on the Prairie fan - DeSmet,SD could be a nice place to visit.
There are fewer KC fishies than there used to be; some have moved away and some have given up on FE.  But there are a few of us left.

Give a date and we'll come up with a place.
ok, y'all.....

this Sunday, July 18th, at Gates Bar B.Q.(http://www.gatesbbq.com/)  in Leawood on the South side of town.

5:30 p.m.

it will be nice to meet some of you (in)famous fishies....!

:)
libby, I feel like you shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere else until you have descended on Washington.  Although it will certainly have to wait until Walty is there.  He would truly hate to miss it.
Washington, D.C., or Washington State?  Just wondering, I'm in Virginia Beach, VA, and like going to D.C.
Pages: 1 2 3