FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: FSSP Ordinations in Lincoln
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just went to the FSSP Ordinations in Lincoln yesterday, and what a beautiful ceremony it was!  A total of 6 new priests were ordained by Bishop Bruskewitz, and this morning one of them will offer his first Mass at our parish in Omaha (Deo gratias!).  It's so great to see that with vocations declining throughout the Church, the Fraternity is still producing these kinds of numbers.

Any other fisheaters make it out for these ordinations?

May our Lord bless these new priests in their upcoming journey and may our Lady intercede for them in heaven and lead them to holiness!!  Pray
(05-23-2010, 03:16 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]Just went to the FSSP Ordinations in Lincoln yesterday, and what a beautiful ceremony it was!  A total of 6 new priests were ordained by Bishop Bruskewitz, and this morning one of them will offer his first Mass at our parish in Omaha (Deo gratias!).  It's so great to see that with vocations declining throughout the Church, the Fraternity is still producing these kinds of numbers.

May our Lord bless these new priests in their upcoming journey and may our Lady intercede for them in heaven and lead them to holiness!!   Pray

I wasn't there but here is the list of he New priest

http://uvcarmel.org/2010/05/14/fssp-prie...ions-2010/

Letmy God be with them through their life to remain faithful servants of the Lord
You are lucky to have an archbishop who supports  The Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP) and their Latin Mass in Omaha.  The Archbishop here in San Antonio, Texas is leaving for California and was indifferent, at best, to the Latin Mass and hostile to FSSP.  I believe he was jealous of  the seminary in Denton because they ordain more priests than the local seminaries.  Pray for us that the new bishop will invite the Fraternity of St. Peter to San Antonio!
(05-23-2010, 03:16 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]Just went to the FSSP Ordinations in Lincoln yesterday, and what a beautiful ceremony it was!  A total of 6 new priests were ordained by Bishop Bruskewitz, and this morning one of them will offer his first Mass at our parish in Omaha (Deo gratias!).  It's so great to see that with vocations declining throughout the Church, the Fraternity is still producing these kinds of numbers.

May our Lord bless these new priests in their upcoming journey and may our Lady intercede for them in heaven and lead them to holiness!!   Pray

I was there. Beautiful ceremony!
Deo gratias!  An Ave and Pater for the new priests! Pray
Deo Gratias for more good and traditional priests =) They ordained more priests in one year than my diocese will ever hope to ordain in the next 20 (the Archdiocese of Singapore will not see an ordination for the next 4 years), unless things change.

They could, for a start, be more friendly to the SSPX here and the local diocesan movement. Traditional Masses said by a diocesan priests don't even get publicised in the churches or in the liberal diocesan newspaper.
I was there, and I attended two of the first Masses the following day.  Very emotional weekend for me, as these were my former classmates.
Great pictures!  Thanks for sharing!!
(05-24-2010, 05:43 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Here are lots of pictures!
http://www.fsspolgs.org/seminary_news.html

Lovely pictures, thank you for the link.