FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Muller of Augsburg Decries SSPX Ordinations, Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL @ His Excellency. I used to ridicule liberal Anglicans, but I am beginning to realize that there are enough crazy people in my own Church to make fun of.
(06-04-2010, 12:44 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares?..The SSPX has been ordaining priests for 30 years... Crazy

Longer than that.  The first SSPX Mass I ever heard was in the 70's from one of the first priests ordained by the archbishop.
(06-04-2010, 11:22 PM)DJR Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2010, 12:44 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares?..The SSPX has been ordaining priests for 30 years... Crazy

Longer than that.  The first SSPX Mass I ever heard was in the 70's from one of the first priests ordained by the archbishop.

Yep..I knew it has been since 1970 or so...Just did the math wrong...  Doh! Uh, duh!!!
(06-04-2010, 11:49 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2010, 06:43 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Regensburg's Bishop attempts to stir the pot on the SSPX's upcoming ordinations in Germany this year on June 26 in Zaitzkofen as announced on their website, here. The local ordinary, Bishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, who undoubtedly has bigger fish to fry, wants to make trouble.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...cries.html

Quote:The three candidates are a 62 year old from Sweden, a 37 year old from Czechia and a 28 year old from South Tirol.

None of the Candidates are fro the diocese of Regensburg. What could be the reason to ordain them there?

Maybe because that's where the seminary is? Just sayin'.

62 seems a little old to be getting ordained to the priesthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for another traditional priest to work in the vineyard I was just under the impression there was an age limit. In any case Deo Gratias for more holy priests.
(06-05-2010, 03:38 AM)Master_P Wrote: [ -> ]62 seems a little old to be getting ordained to the priesthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for another traditional priest to work in the vineyard I was just under the impression there was an age limit. In any case Deo Gratias for more holy priests.

As far as I remember there was age limit only the 24 years, belo that special dispensation was necessary. Usualy there are age limits to the acceptance into the seminary, St John Cantius Fathers set this limit for 40 years of age.

I suppose this man earlier almost finished his studies, left and came back. He has good choice to serve 15 or more years.

Let my God bless them.
(06-05-2010, 03:38 AM)Master_P Wrote: [ -> ]62 seems a little old to be getting ordained to the priesthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for another traditional priest to work in the vineyard I was just under the impression there was an age limit. In any case Deo Gratias for more holy priests.

I  suppose I should go and dig around, but there was a Lutheran Pastor (with a lot of worldly and pastoral experience) who became a Catholic a while back and is just now getting ordained.
(06-05-2010, 12:33 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2010, 11:22 PM)DJR Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep..I knew it has been since 1970 or so...Just did the math wrong...  Doh! Uh, duh!!!

I believe the first ordinations for the Society were in 1976, but I could be mistaken on that.  I had never even heard of Archbishop Lefebvre until 1976.  In any event, the SSPX showed up here in the States shortly thereafter.
I know the NO has no upper age limits...in fact they have seminaries specifically for older candidates...the name of this seminary will cause most to cringe...

http://www.blessedjohnxxiii.edu/

Blessed John XXIII National Seminary is a theological institution uniquely dedicated to the preparation of seminarians 30 to 60 years of age responding to a call to priestly ministry. If you believe you have received a calling, we suggest you talk with the Vocation Director of the diocese where you wish to serve. Collaboration between the sponsoring diocese or religious community and the Seminary is an integral part of the admissions process. It is our practice to begin the admissions process only after a candidate has sponsorship from a diocese or religious order. Your pastor may also be available to provide support and guidance as you begin to discern your calling.

Admissions Inquiry - Should you be interested in information about our Priestly Formation Program you may request that brochures and a catalog be sent to you.  These should answer many of your questions.  Click on Request Information to contact us.

Gentlemen, thanks for the info!
Pages: 1 2