FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Looking for trads in South Carolina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, I am interested in in seeking greater access to the TLM in our parishes in SC and am looking for input from others in our state who have considered this or have already requested access from Bishop Guglielmone. Currently there are 5 parishes in the Diocese that offer the TLM and only one in the upstate(Prince of Peace in Taylors). Any information will be most welcomed.
Are you near Florence, SC? St. Anthony's (wear I was Baptized) is getting a new Priest that does the TLM.
No, unfortunately. I am in Fort Mill. We have only one TLM in the upstate and it is at Prince of Peace in Taylors(Greenville). Good Shepard in Columbia used to offer but I hear that the Priest there moved and they no longer offer. I am looking into contacting Bishop Guglieomone but I do not know what his leanings are concerning the TLM. I know one is offerred at the Cathedral but he does not preside.
Well hello from Rock Hill!!
It's great to hear there is some more trads here in the area. I would absolutely love it if there was a TLM offered here in the area. My husband and I have been having to settle for a sort of hybrid mass half english/half latin at St. Michaels up in Gastonia. It's not too bad, but I miss going to a glorious TLM on sunday's.
(06-25-2010, 02:05 PM)LydiaW Wrote: [ -> ]Well hello from Rock Hill!!
It's great to hear there is some more trads here in the area. I would absolutely love it if there was a TLM offered here in the area. My husband and I have been having to settle for a sort of hybrid mass half english/half latin at St. Michaels up in Gastonia. It's not too bad, but I miss going to a glorious TLM on sunday's.
Hi Lydia. I have not been to St. Michaels, But I have heard their Mass is much like the one broadcast from EWTN. The SSXP have a Chappel in Mt. Holly, by Mt. Island lake, but the only other upstate TLM is in Taylors. Like I said I am going to snd a letter to the Bishop, but I am trying to find like minded parishoners in the upstate to write also. As you know all of our parishes are run through the Oratory and I have not found much interest in the TLM.
Well, I would be happy to sign a petition, write letters, that sort of thing. I know of another trad. family here in town who I'm sure would be extremely excited at the prospect of having a TLM near by. Is there a particular parish you are trying to have the TLM at?
Citadel Grad here....Hotel Company '01....missing Carolina dearly...Charleston especially!!!  Great young priest at The Cathedral....he celebrates the TLM every Saturday I believe...and if my memory serves me right, Stella has it on the Island every Sunday....there is also and Independent Chapel in Walterboro
Oh...and I almost forgot.....GO COCKS!!!  College World Series is going on right now....God, please bless Carolina!!!
(06-26-2010, 01:12 AM)dumspirospero Wrote: [ -> ]Oh...and I almost forgot.....GO COCKS!!!  College World Series is going on right now....God, please bless Carolina!!!

WOOO HOOO SC!!!!!  Of the four to five parishes in the state that offer the TLM, four are on the coast.
(06-25-2010, 08:28 PM)LydiaW Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I would be happy to sign a petition, write letters, that sort of thing. I know of another trad. family here in town who I'm sure would be extremely excited at the prospect of having a TLM near by. Is there a particular parish you are trying to have the TLM at?

What Parish do you belong to? I'm at St. Anne.
Pages: 1 2