FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St Marys Kansas and Post Falls,ID TLM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is it about the above towns that attracts trads?  Are there substantial numbers of Trads there?
I would say that the attraction lies in being able to live in rural areas where there are large numbers of other traditional Catholics. It is also nice to go to "trad schools" that actually have student populations greater than 30-40 children, which seems to be the average for many such schools.

St. Marys has 2000+ "parishoners." Post Falls has quite a few too; but I'm not sure of the exact number.
more than one daily Mass to choose from, true-blue Catholic schools with religious (nuns) helping out, large numbers of traditional Catholic neighbours to hang out with, enough priests to keep the danger of dying without access to one for the last rites very low.....

I heard that St Mary's has about 5 Masses every sunday to accommodate everyone too.

what more can a trad want?  LOL
(06-28-2010, 07:33 AM)karyn_anne Wrote: [ -> ]more than one daily Mass to choose from, true-blue Catholic schools with religious (nuns) helping out, large numbers of traditional Catholic neighbours to hang out with, enough priests to keep the danger of dying without access to one for the last rites very low.....

I heard that St Mary's has about 5 Masses every sunday to accommodate everyone too.

Yes. And this is the point, why the game is number game between God and the Enemy, especially as it comes to the viaticum.
(06-28-2010, 07:33 AM)karyn_anne Wrote: [ -> ]more than one daily Mass to choose from, true-blue Catholic schools with religious (nuns) helping out, large numbers of traditional Catholic neighbours to hang out with, enough priests to keep the danger of dying without access to one for the last rites very low.....

Sounds perfect. I'd kill just to be able to stroll down to daily Mass let alone having that many priests, religious and good catholics in one town.
Is Post Falls near Couer d' Alene? Isn't there a substantial FSSP and SSPX presence there?
(06-28-2010, 09:26 AM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Is Post Falls near Couer d' Alene? Isn't there a substantial FSSP and SSPX presence there?

Yep there is a FSSP place as well around there.
There's a guy in Post Falls who has done some podcasts:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/backyardradtrads

He complains a lot about how people weren't welcoming enough and the school is too tough/mean, but it's a perspective worth hearing if you're thinking of moving to a community like that and you're assuming that just being a fellow trad is all it'll take to fit in.  The stereotype that small town folks tend to keep to themselves and are slow to welcome newcomers is based on a certain amount of truth, especially when the newcomers are city slickers.
I have listened to all three broadcasts on the backyardtrads blog. All seemed to have the same message Mhoram describes. I'm not sure if it's the small-town folk syndrome; to me, it seemed like they were claiming there is a significant amount of "puritanicals" in Post Falls. I also found it interesting that these "Traditional Puritans" were no defended, and when compared to the Traditional communities in France, seemed more North American/Calvinistic than the French. All three broadcasts are worth a listen. Anyone know how things are going in Welwyn, SK these days? I so support the return to the land... a return to the simple life and the Traditional Restoration of the Catholic Church... which I think is ill-suited for modern-day suburbia....
I've been through St. Mary's enough times to know that there's nothing there to attract me to that town.

LOL
Pages: 1 2