FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 54 Day Rosary Novena Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friends and neighbors,

I'd like to know if any here on the forum would relate any stories of prayers answered from a 54 Day Rosary Novena.

Many thanks in advance.
We finally conceived our first child because of this novena.  He's going to be born July 1st! in less than 36 hours!

Just do the novena, and you'll have a story in two months.  If you've done it, what's your story?
I'm a sucker for kids. My sister's boss's little boy got lukemia. I knew her boss a little. He is younger than me perhaps twenty five years or so. My sister would tell me about the boy's lack of progress. I was shook up, and started to pray a rosary for him several times a week. Fr. Gruner then introduced me to the Rosary Novena, and after the 54 days for his Novena, I started one for the boy. This was some years in to his treatment. He started to get better. He then beat it. It had taken a toll he was pretty much smaller than other boys his age but he was a okay. I was certain that it was in answer to my rosaries. About a year later my sister had all of the folks she worked with over on a friday night after work for beers and pizza. Her boss's wife came later with their son. Everyone paid attention to him but we are older and there were no kids for him to have a good time with. I live upstairs from my sister and brother-in-law and I wasn't part of the party. I was watching the White Sox and some one knocked at my back door, it was the boy. He asked if he could come in an visit. I said sure, and closed the door. He sat on one of the couches and I sat at the office nook which looks out into the sitting room where he was. We chatted, and he had a very nice sort of grown-up for eight years old manner. We discussed the Sox and I told him I was more a Cub fan but not really a serious one.Hhe told me he didn't care for it either, but he followed it because his dad loved it and he loved his dad. Small talk just like that with a well mannered kid. His mom realized he was missing and she and my sister charged upstairs looking for him as it was well past my bed time and he could have been sitting up there all alone in the dark. When they saw that I was up they thanked me for sitting with him, and mentioned to him that I was one of the folks that had prayed for him. He answered that he already knew that. His mother asked if I had told him? I said no. She was confused, but started back down with him and my sister. The kid turned and asked me if when his dad brought him back to visit again if it would be alright if he came up a spent time with me. I said yes. His mother was more perplexed and said he shouldn't be forward and left out.

When the were gone I realized that he knew me. How I can only guess. I think his guardian angel somehow had let him know and at that moment had somehow let me know too. Several times when I had said the rosary for him I'd cry while I prayed for fear and sorrow. When he left I cried a little that night but for joy.

My eyes are a little wet right now, and they are wide open,
tim
I overcame a life-long struggle with a certain vice after a loving person prayed a 54-day novena of 15-decade rosaries for this intention.

The grace was (as literal as this can be) pouring in.
INPEFESS Wrote:The grace was (as literal as this can be) pouring in.

That sounds awesome.

Very striking stories, all.  I've never heard of this novena before I saw this thread, but I'm immediately inspired to begin it tomorrow (Feast of the Precious Blood).
About eleven years ago, I learned of and prayed the 54-Day Novena, when I was unemployed. Not more than three days after the novena was completed, I found a job that would have turned into a great career if I had the foresight and maturity to take full advantage of it. Even so, for three years, it was one of the two best jobs I ever had.

I began this novena again this Saturday, for basically the same reason, but including my wife's job hunt in the request as well. I hope the Lord deigns to favor me (and us both) like He did eleven years ago :)
i began one and didn't complete it (it was for my exams) 2 years ago i think......but i still did ok in the end  :laughing:

I should do one for the conversion of people i know...but i feel lazy using my daily rosary for this intention, as i do not have the time to do 2 5-decade rosaries everyday
Thank you all for sharing these stories. May they inspire others to do the Novena themselves.

Thank you all again.  ;D
It inspired me to start a few days ago (I'm bad at keeping track of these things sometimes, so I made a point to start on the 1st)

One question though: I haven't come across anything like a special form or anything besides just saying the Rosary with these intentions. Do you just say the Rosary for 54 days straight, first 27 petitioning for the intention, then 27 for Thanksgiving? That's what I've been doing, anyway.
(07-03-2010, 10:07 PM)ForumLurker Wrote: [ -> ]It inspired me to start a few days ago (I'm bad at keeping track of these things sometimes, so I made a point to start on the 1st)

One question though: I haven't come across anything like a special form or anything besides just saying the Rosary with these intentions. Do you just say the Rosary for 54 days straight, first 27 petitioning for the intention, then 27 for Thanksgiving? That's what I've been doing, anyway.

I'm not sure whether the prescribed form is necessary for it to be efficacious (probably not, since Our Lady simply said to make 3 novenas in petition and 3 in thanksgiving), but here is something to use: http://www.blessedvirginmary.oneholycath...Rosary.pdf

Whether or not that form is necessary, I think it is an absolutely beautiful way to do the novena, and really keeps you focused.
Pages: 1 2