FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What are the most important and unique things about a Christian outlook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like being part of a Christian culture because it has as it's role model a rebel and a fighter for justice against a very powerful and wealthy elite, an elite that would eventually have Christ killed. This to me I find unique to Christianity. Jesus did not like the oppression of Rome, yet He bore it, protesting non-violently, He also detested the carnal infiltration of Judaism in the form of money, using force only in protest of these merchants.

These other religions fall short for me. Loving God alone and our neighbor as ourselves is great, but not unique to our faith. I think what I described above does make us unique. Our God seems like both a traditionalist and a rebel, a nationalist and a redeemer of all mankind. I find it sad that this message is getting lost and I really don't like the way Jesus is portrayed today or the way people are interpreting and acting out His message. If kept correctly, Christianity can both heal and create a great culture. But today I think the message is warped.

I don't want to live in an economic empire anymore. I want the real Christ taught to everyone, not a Woodstock beatnik Christ or an English conservative Christ, but the one I love. If the real Christ were taught, younger people would like it, but we've lost the youth because the merchants have moved in. That is too bad.

Jezus' command is still

Matthew 6:33  Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.

It is not the responsibility of the Christians to change the political system.
(07-13-2010, 08:30 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Jezus' command is still

Matthew 6:33   Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.

It is not the responsibility of the Christians to change the political system.
I would have thought that would be part of seeking His Justice....