FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Historicity of "Claire and Annette"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the historicity of the tale of Claire and Annette?

He is the story for those not familiar with it:
Cry of a Lost Soul, and the Lesson that it Teaches - http://www.olrl.org/doctrine/cry.shtml

Is this a pious fiction to scare people about hellfire? Is the story based on real events?
the story always comes with a heading that says its true...the SSPX parish i went to in sydney, australia had copies of it.

It should be a private revelation. I believe none of the details in it seem to contradict Catholic teaching and its a real wake-up call and eye-opener, so perhaps it got spread around because of these aspects.
Matt 16:[26]  And besides all this, between us and you, there is fixed a great chaos: so that they who would pass from hence to you, cannot, nor from thence come hither. [27]  And he said: Then, father, I beseech thee, that thou wouldst send him to my father's house, for I have five brethren, [28]  That he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torments. [29]  And Abraham said to him: They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. [30]  But he said: No, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will do penance. [31] And he said to him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, if one rise again from the dead.