FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ora Pro Nobis!  Pray

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein that you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this my necessity. There are none that can withstand your power. O show me herein that you are my Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us that have recourse to thee.

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands.

[Image: Our-Lady-of-Mount-Carmel.jpg]
I found these on youtube, and thought they might be of interest to some here.

Here's a cute idea. Brown scapular brownies.  LOL What do you say, Satori? In a pinch for time, would a boxed brownie mix short cut be acceptable here?

http://catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2010...wnies.html

[Image: brownies.jpg]
[Image: purgatoryy.jpg]
Pray Holy Virgin of Mt. Carmel, Pray For Us Pray
Jacafamala Wrote:Here's a cute idea. Brown scapular brownies.

That's awesome.
(07-16-2010, 12:18 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]

That's awesome.

Yeah, I thought so too. Some people are so clever.

We're making those here tonight.  Smile Just pulled the brownies out of the oven.
[Image: Untitled1-53.png]

When Eternal Wisdom was playing in the world, forming the hills and establishing the mountains, she destined Carmel to be the special inheritance of Eve's victorious daughter. And when the last thousand years of expectation were opening, and the desire of all nations was developing into the spirit of prophecy, the father of prophets ascended the privileged mount, thence to scan the horizon. The triumphs of David and the glories of Solomon were at an end: the sceptre of Juda, broken by the schism of the ten tribes, threatened to fall from his hand; the worship of Baal prevailed in Israel. A long-continued drought, figure of the aridity of men's souls, had parched up every spring, and men and beasts were dying beside the empty cisterns, when Elias the Thesbite gathered the people, representing the whole human race, on Mount Carmel, and slew the lying prophets of Baal. Then, as the Scripture relates, prostrating with his face to the earth, he said to his servant: Go up, look towards the sea. And he went up, and looked and said: There is nothing. And again he said to him: Return seven times. And at the seventh time: Behold, a little cloud arose out of the sea like a man's foot. [3 Kings 18]
- THE LITURGICAL YEAR, Dom Gueranger
(07-16-2010, 12:18 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]

That's awesome.

I concur...yum.
(07-16-2010, 02:37 PM)ketchum Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: Untitled1-53.png]

When Eternal Wisdom was playing in the world, forming the hills and establishing the mountains, she destined Carmel to be the special inheritance of Eve's victorious daughter. And when the last thousand years of expectation were opening, and the desire of all nations was developing into the spirit of prophecy, the father of prophets ascended the privileged mount, thence to scan the horizon. The triumphs of David and the glories of Solomon were at an end: the sceptre of Juda, broken by the schism of the ten tribes, threatened to fall from his hand; the worship of Baal prevailed in Israel. A long-continued drought, figure of the aridity of men's souls, had parched up every spring, and men and beasts were dying beside the empty cisterns, when Elias the Thesbite gathered the people, representing the whole human race, on Mount Carmel, and slew the lying prophets of Baal. Then, as the Scripture relates, prostrating with his face to the earth, he said to his servant: Go up, look towards the sea. And he went up, and looked and said: There is nothing. And again he said to him: Return seven times. And at the seventh time: Behold, a little cloud arose out of the sea like a man's foot. [3 Kings 18]

what did the cloud represent? Was It the Holy Ghost?
- THE LITURGICAL YEAR, Dom Gueranger
Pages: 1 2