FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Interesting news developments in the last few days concerning the Mel Gibson situation:  the experts who say the recordings were doctored, the Dentist who says that her teeth were more than likely damaged in a self-inflicted way (broken veneer and chipped tooth) Oksana's son says he never saw any violence between the two of them.  Robyn Gibson filing a statement that Mel was never physically abusive and was a good father."  etc.  etc.

But what I've noticed is, the classic Catholic-haters are coming out to take yet another shot at "the Passion of the Christ being anti-semitic." 

Frank Rich takes the opportunity to try and crucify the "Passion" in the wake of Mel's situation

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/ww...8rich.html

"Once “The Passion” could be seen by ticket buyers — who would reward it with a $370 million domestic take (behind only “Shrek 2” and “Spider-Man 2” that year) — the truth could no longer be spun by Gibson’s claque. The movie was nakedly anti-Semitic, to the extreme that the Temple priests were all hook-nosed Shylocks and Fagins with rotten teeth. It was also ludicrously violent — a homoerotic “exercise in lurid sadomasochism,” as Christopher Hitchens described it then, for audiences who “like seeing handsome young men stripped and flayed alive over a long period of time.” Nonetheless, many of the same American pastors who routinely inveighed against show-business indecency granted special dispensation to their young congregants to attend this R-rated fleshfest.

It seems preposterous in retrospect that a film as bigoted and noxious as “The Passion” had so many reverent defenders in high places in 2004. Once Gibson, or at least the subconscious Gibson, baldly advertised his anti-Semitism with his obscene tirade during a 2006 D.U.I. incident in Malibu, his old defenders had no choice but to peel off. Today you never hear conservatives mention their embrace of “The Passion” back then — if they mention Gibson at all. (Fox News has barely covered the new tapes.) But it isn’t just Gibson who has been discredited. Even as he self-immolated, so did many of the moral paragons who had rallied around him as a culture-war martyr. "

And probably one of the most bigoted, anti-Catholic liars of all time, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (famous for coddling alleged child-abuser Michael Jackson )

comes out with a sort of "3 strikes and you're out Mel. "  column today.  And guess what the "first strike was."  As expected, "the Passion of the Christ." 

http://www.aolnews.com/opinion/article/o...y/19555414

Then Gibson said in an interview with Australia's Herald Sun that all non-Catholics are condemned to hell (for good measure, he said he was sorry about that). This included his wife of 28 years, as Gibson so eloquently explained. "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from the chair. I go with it."

All this, of course, was against the backdrop of Gibson making a movie that perpetuated the greatest lie ever told, that the Jews killed Jesus. "The Passion of the Christ" was so inflammatory that when Pontius Pilate pleads with the Jews to stop their bloodthirstiness against Jesus, their response -- "Let his blood be upon us and our children" -- was said only in Aramaic, being the only line in the film not translated into English. Even Gibson understood the implication of the verse. Millions of Jews have been murdered throughout history due to the lie that they killed the son of God.

But Gibson was somehow motivated to repeat the lie in a major Hollywood epic and ended up making $300 million. Still, the world embraced him. What, a guy that successful, that rich? Why shun him?

What disgusted me most about America's attitude toward Gibson was when several prominent Jewish political conservatives came out to defend "The Passion of the Christ" as a great movie with a great message. They also swore that Gibson was not an anti-Semite. I said then that Gibson would be exposed as a Jew hater. That strong a current of animosity must, in time, manifest itself. I took little comfort in being proved right when Gibson had his drunken anti-Semitic outburst, declaring that the "f----ng Jews" start all the world's wars.

So far, Gibson is guilty of accepting the truths of the Catholic faith, and faithfully presenting the Gospel on film.  Boteach is deceptive when he avoids any nuance by saying "the lie" is "the jews killed jesus"  well, that's "the lie"  the truth is, some of those jews lobbied for Jesus' death and all jews and gentiles are responsible for that death. 

A little further on, Schmuley can't resist his hate any more, he's got the taste of blood in his mouth and he wants to go for the kill. 

I always said that Gibson was a religious charlatan and a pious fraud. And sooner or later he would expose himself as a selfish megalomaniac who cloaks himself in the veneer of religion to whitewash his stained soul.

Throughout the making of "The Passion of the Christ" we kept on reading that both Gibson and Jim Caviezel were going to Mass each day. Gibson had a private church built on his estate. The film was a religious project, a sacred undertaking.

Actually, it was simply a hate project. A way to settle his score with those "f----ng Jews" who even lied, according to Dad, about dying in Auschwitz.

God tends to make fools out of His enemies like Rich and Boteach.  I suspect that He's going to do it again. 
Predictable. The enemies of Christ are ever watchful.

However, let's take comfort that before catholics, the world hated Our Lord first.

(07-17-2010, 09:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Predictable. The enemies of Christ are ever watchful.

However, let's take comfort that before catholics, the world hated Our Lord first.

and He said His Church would be hated, too.  if i can immediately remember that when i read something anti-Catholic, i don't have to get mad, which is better for my soul.

i'm not saying we should lie down and take it without pointing out the lies, just to remember that Jesus said it would be like this.

He also said to pray for our enemies because everyone prays for their friends. so let's do it -- pray for Frank Rich and the rabbi whose name i never heard and am too lazy to scroll down for.

even Protestants are taught that, although the Jews originally said "Crucify Him!" we would do the same, because of original sin.  that's why we have to say it on Palm Sunday, to remind ourselves that He died for our sins.  mainstream prots do the same thing, read it aloud.

we're not supposed to hate Jews today because some Jews in 33 A.D. yelled "Crucify Him!" and i have never heard any Catholics say they do.  i've known some very nice Jewish people and some obnoxious ones, but no more obnoxious than some Catholics I've known.

people have been accusing Mel of being anti-Semitic ever since the news was out that he planned to make a film about the Passion.  on one forum i used to belong to, a Jewish woman, or someone who had always claimed to be a Jewish woman, said the Gospel of John should be banned as anti-Semitic, pretty strange coming from a leftist, huh?  what about free speech and freedom of religion?

(07-17-2010, 10:25 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]what about free speech and freedom of religion?

There's no freedom if it is "hate speech".

In other words, there's no freedom if it is against the Judeo-masonic establishment. And Catholicism is.
(07-17-2010, 11:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2010, 10:25 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]what about free speech and freedom of religion?

There's no freedom if it is "hate speech".

In other words, there's no freedom if it is against the Judeo-masonic establishment. And Catholicism is.

One of the things I love for its sheer hypocrisy is something I've often heard on some lower level conservative radio talk shows.  One guy in particular who pulls this one is a fella named Dom Giordano, nice voice, not too smart and pretty annoying.

It goes something like this:

"Such and such said.......This sort of thing is intolerable....It should cost him his job.....yes he has a right to free speech, but that doesn't mean he's immune from the consequences of what he said." 

I've always thought that was an interesting switcharound.  Speech really can't be free if you are threatened with having to pay a price for it, depending on the content.  At least the Church comes out and condemns errors and has never bragged about the freedom of speech, but there is a secular magisterium that excommunicates, censures and punished so-called "free speech" with a ruthlessness no religion has ever had. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...price.html

Stories are coming on fast and furious. I don't know how credible dailymail in the u.k. is, but this one says that Robyn Gibson has suggested that she, Mel and some of the children are going to move back to his ranch in Australia. 

"A source close to the family said: ‘Oksana’s allegations have united Mel and Robyn and this move is her idea."

For some reason I thought of this:

These secular Jews are always out to cause trouble. They are scum. They just need a good ham sandwich.
(07-17-2010, 09:38 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting news developments in the last few days........Oksana's son says he never saw any violence between the two of them.

I've searched the news and cannot find this story.  All I've heard is that he is due to be interviewed.

Source please?
(07-18-2010, 05:37 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2010, 09:38 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting news developments in the last few days........Oksana's son says he never saw any violence between the two of them.

I've searched the news and cannot find this story.  All I've heard is that he is due to be interviewed.

Source please?

http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/oksana-gri...n-assault/

Oksana Grigorieva has presented evidence of domestic violence allegations about Mel Gibson to police consisting of testimony by her 12 year-old son, Alexander Dalton, who says he never saw Mel hit his mom but did hear an argument, tapes of a very angry Mel which forensic experts say were tampered with by Oksana, and pictures of damaged veneers covering her teeth that her dentist said showed no evidence of a punch because the teeth and soft tissue like the lips, etc., were not damaged at all.

Mel’s attorney’s are asking for the court to hold Oksana in contempt for releasing the illegally obtained phone call recordings with Mel.

Oksana went to court asking for Mel to be stripped of all visitation with their daughter Lucia, and is now claiming she is getting threatening phone calls but didn’t offer any recording or proof of those calls, even though she claims Mel is behind them.
Yes the poooor dirty whore the ever victim here
even when she asks the court to allow her to steal mels child
of course to some here that's just good catholic behavour
so
mmmmmmm
Mel did it!!
Sip sip
he really did
Mel did it
lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5