FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: sspx priest blesses cyclists in tour de France
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
France: A Priest of the Society of St. Pius X Blesses the Tour de France Cyclists

Fans of the Tour de France may have recognized him on their television screens on Friday, July 16. While the racing cyclists were crossing the Ardeche in the middle of the afternoon, the cameras paused for a few moments along the side of the road on Fr. Dominique Lagneau, who then blessed the cyclists’ passage with a fine sign of the cross broadcast throughout the world! The preacher of Ignatian retreats at the Gastines Priory (Maine-et-Loire) was vacationing at his parents’ and had simply wished to watch the passage of the famous bicycle race… “Like everybody else, I stood alongside the road,” he told us the same evening. “Suddenly the TV crew in charge of the broadcast stopped where I was standing and asked me to bless the racers as they sped by… I can tell you that I did not need to be asked twice!” (Sources: France Télévisions / private sources – DICI, No. 219, July 24, 2010)

http://www.dici.org/en/news/france-a-pri...-cyclists/

A shrine in New England has an entire event similiar to this:

What would be your reaction, if a New Mass priest or even a bishop or the pope would bless a motorcyclist?
glgas Wrote:What would be your reaction, if a New Mass priest or even a bishop or the pope would bless a motorcyclist?

What are you addressing? I think it's fine. The Sacred Heart Auto League is around to sanctify such transport.
(07-28-2010, 11:10 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
glgas Wrote:What would be your reaction, if a New Mass priest or even a bishop or the pope would bless a motorcyclist?

What are you addressing? I think it's fine. The Sacred Heart Auto League is around to sanctify such transport.

Yeah, I don't get it.  Almost any inanimate object can be blessed.  Huh?

There is an other thread about the pope in golfing cap with a message: It's aesthetically horrible.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...638.0.html

(07-28-2010, 12:34 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]

There is an other thread about the pope in golfing cap with a message: It's aesthetically horrible.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...638.0.html

Well, maybe it is aesthetically horrible (BTW that's a baseball cap, not a golfing cap).  Personally I like it, but I'm no fashion expert.  I suspect my daily jeans and t-shirt routine is aesthetically horrible in those same people's minds as well.

Back to the point:  I still don't get it:  What do aesthetic sensibilities have to do with blessing a motorcyclist?  Or is it some kind of Neo-Catholic sin against infallibility to comment on the Pope's fashion sense?