FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Latin Mass in Milwaukee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-05-2010, 12:51 PM)Tulkas Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit that Wisconsin has the best state fair hands down.  I used to go there whenever I could when I lived in Chicago.

Also, the best is Holy Hill.  I would go there almost every year to make a pilgrimage with my family and do the Stations of the Cross up the hill.  Now only if they had a TLM at Holy Hill.   ;)

And they have a TLM once a year when the ICRSS do a pilgrimage there.
(08-05-2010, 12:48 PM)Tulkas Wrote: [ -> ]The need for people to live far apart from each other is mostly an American and/or Protestant concept, which an individual lives on large parcels of land only used to himself and really no one close by.

I'm not sure if that's so much a Protestant thing as it is a Northern European thing. Even the Irish and the French do that to some extent, and don't get me started on the Germans, Catholic or Lutheran. Hermitage is a Catholic concept, remember.
(08-05-2010, 12:54 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2010, 12:51 PM)Tulkas Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit that Wisconsin has the best state fair hands down.  I used to go there whenever I could when I lived in Chicago.

Also, the best is Holy Hill.  I would go there almost every year to make a pilgrimage with my family and do the Stations of the Cross up the hill.  Now only if they had a TLM at Holy Hill.   ;)

And they have a TLM once a year when the ICRSS do a pilgrimage there.

REALLY.  When is that?  Man, I would make the trip across the USA for that.
It is usually late in June, but never on the same day every year. They post info about it on their website when it's coming up.
Just so we are straight I wasn't slamming Wisconsin, just making an observation. I've been going there for fun for 45 years or so, and I have relatives there in the southern Milwaukee suburbs. I like the state from Prarie du Chein, to Stevens Point, to Eau Claire, to Peninsula State Park, to Milwaukee-Madison Corridor, and my faves;  the Brat Stop, and the scenic drive at Campbellsport.  I've fished Castle Rock Flowage for years, and I've drunk in so many little taverns they run together. Wisconsin is nice and the people are oke doke, I was just observing them in their natural habitat as I can pass as one of them. "Hey der hoe der, ah I 'll have me a Mickey's wide mouth wid a cream puff." :laughing:
tim
The thing about Wisconsin is that while it is mostly a traditional, farming, midwest sort of state it also has Milwaukee and Madison for its two biggest cities and they really skew the numbers.  Madison is kind of like the Berkeley of the midwest.
Walty well said Berkley of the Midwest. Right through the heart with that bullet, son, well expressed.
tim
I had a professor of Chemical Engineering that got his PhD. from U of W at Mad'son.  That U when I was going to college was considered the best for Chem. E.

But he was such a Commie, and made a big deal out of it.  He would stand with the other Commies in the main concourse handing out the worker paper.  I remember when an Evangelical friend of mine confronted him on his views.  It was quite funny.

Last I heard he left the department at my Alma Mater because he did not get the tenure he wanted.  Boohoo, commie felt that he was entitled.
There are two regions of the United States I've somehow managed to never enter my entire life: Alaska, and the Midwest.
(08-05-2010, 01:00 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: [ -> ]It is usually late in June, but never on the same day every year. They post info about it on their website when it's coming up.
Already had it this year.  I couldn't make it. :(
The ICK Mass at St. Stan's is wonderful, always.  Said by a wonderful priest.
Pages: 1 2 3