FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Latin Mass in Milwaukee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-05-2010, 12:21 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at confession times and such for Milwaukee churches (taking my girlfriend and myself!), and I just found out...

The church my parents were married at is having a Traditional Latin Mass on August 15th (Assumption!).  I think they used to have a Low Mass said there...  but ICKSP is having their Mass and picnic that day, so I don't think it's being said by ICKSP priests.

Regardless, I thought this was worthy of posting and joy!  :)

I'm tempted to drive the 7 hours one way just to attend, to support the priest!  :)

And this parish is?

(I won't be there - I'll be at the picnic.)
(08-07-2010, 01:15 AM)The Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2010, 12:21 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at confession times and such for Milwaukee churches (taking my girlfriend and myself!), and I just found out...

The church my parents were married at is having a Traditional Latin Mass on August 15th (Assumption!).  I think they used to have a Low Mass said there...  but ICKSP is having their Mass and picnic that day, so I don't think it's being said by ICKSP priests.

I'm tempted to drive the 7 hours one way just to attend, to support the priest!  :)

And this parish is?

Lolol.  Sorry!  It's Immaculate Conception, in Bay View.  Right near Stemper's Catholic goods store.  :)

Also, praise God, I'm going to the TLM for the first time in a month (the place i work doesn't have it nearby, and I'm in town for the weekend)!  Tomorrow morn' at St. Stan's!  :)
(08-07-2010, 03:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

And this parish is?

Lolol.  Sorry!  It's Immaculate Conception, in Bay View.  Right near Stemper's Catholic goods store.  :)

Also, praise God, I'm going to the TLM for the first time in a month (the place i work doesn't have it nearby, and I'm in town for the weekend)!  Tomorrow morn' at St. Stan's!  :)

I think I have been there.  If it's the parish I'm thinking of there was a really good older priest there.  I think he's gone now.

We'll be at St. Stan's tomorrow too.  Have plans after, but shoot me a PM if you'd ever like to do breakfast or something after Mass when you're in town some other time.
(08-07-2010, 03:24 PM)The Catholic Thinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2010, 03:11 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

And this parish is?

I think I have been there.  If it's the parish I'm thinking of there was a really good older priest there.  I think he's gone now.

We'll be at St. Stan's tomorrow too.  Have plans after, but shoot me a PM if you'd ever like to do breakfast or something after Mass when you're in town some other time.

Will do!  :)

Also, went to IC confession...  Fr. Kotecki (I think?) came out in a cassock.  I was pleasantly surprised.  :) 
Sorry to bump up what might be an old thread, but this topic is what lead me to register here in the first place. I attended the Mass at Immaculate Conception and wouldn't have known about had I not (completely by accident) stumbled upon this thread.

I went to the Mass because I love it when an otherwise "average" parish decides to take on the TLM without calling in priests and other people from outside the parish and scheduling the Mass at a special time. The Mass was on Saturday and replaced the anticipatory or "vigil" Mass. I assumed from the way the parishioners interacted and dressed that the congregation was mostly made up the Saturday evening regulars. You could tell that the TLM was unfamiliar to many involved since the choir got a little ahead of the priest a few times, but overall it was a very nice sung mass without incense.
(08-05-2010, 10:19 AM)Mhoram Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of the Midwest is that way.  I think it comes from people generally being nice.  They're conservative in their expectations of themselves, but they think it would be mean to expect things of others.  So you get weird things like the local Democrat club being used as a hunting headquarters during deer season, and then all the same guys go to the polls and vote for people who want to take everyone's guns away, because they don't want other people hurting each other.  They try to bring up their own kids right, more or less, but they think we need massive school and daycare programs for other people, because it would be mean to expect others to be good parents.

Basically, they're too nice to tell a hungry guy to learn to fish, or even give him a rod and reel and point him to the nearest lake; it's nicer to just give him a fish.

I've lived in the Midwest my whole life and you hit the nail on the head.  We are generally too nice.  I've noticed that even more true in Minnesota than the other states in which I am familiar (e.g. Wisconsin and Illinois)
(08-27-2010, 08:05 PM)Krazy Kat Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bump up what might be an old thread, but this topic is what lead me to register here in the first place. I attended the Mass at Immaculate Conception and wouldn't have known about had I not (completely by accident) stumbled upon this thread.

I went to the Mass because I love it when an otherwise "average" parish decides to take on the TLM without calling in priests and other people from outside the parish and scheduling the Mass at a special time. The Mass was on Saturday and replaced the anticipatory or "vigil" Mass. I assumed from the way the parishioners interacted and dressed that the congregation was mostly made up the Saturday evening regulars. You could tell that the TLM was unfamiliar to many involved since the choir got a little ahead of the priest a few times, but overall it was a very nice sung mass without incense.

Cool!  :)  That's always nice.  I think the previous priest (I have no idea, though) used to say Low Mass occasionally there.
I was at the ICKSP in Milwaukee before once for a Solemn High Mass in 2009.

http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2008/0...aukee.html
Pages: 1 2 3