FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Thieves Attempt to Steal Padre Pio's Remains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intruders attempted to steal relics of the Italian National Hero Padre Pio (1887-1968) in the dead of night.

Rome (kath.net/KAP) Intruders attempted to steal relics of the Italian National Hero Padre Pio (1887-1968) in the dead of night. The thieves broke into the chapel crypt of the south Italian city of Saint Giovanni Rotundo, according to the Roman daily 'La Republica' (Monday-Edition) which was reported to the local police. There the perpetrators broke through the bulletproof glass, behind which the reliquary of the Capuccin Monk is located.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...-pios.html
I'm unclear how they failed, it says they got through the bulletproof glass... Huh?

I wonder if they were intending to sell them or if they were diabolists.  Hmmm...
(08-10-2010, 02:35 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unclear how they failed, it says they got through the bulletproof glass... Huh?

I wonder if they were intending to sell them or if they were diabolists.  Hmmm...

Alarm system or another layer of protection which the thieves hadn't planned for.
And what do you think they were after the relics for?
o.o I COULD Imagine....
Um, probably a SF team that Father Moderator hired out from an ad in Soldier of Fortune, to rescue Padre Pio from that hideous chapel.
(08-10-2010, 02:57 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]And what do you think they were after the relics for?

Relics blackmarket? Satanism?