FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Discerning priesthood with the old catholic church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I will need to discern more about what gods will is for me. I simply have a hard time believeing that all those outside the roman juristiction are damned.. Are the orthodox damned? Are the anglicans damned?  Are all the sede's damned?I think that christ knows my heart and will guide me.
thank you all
The Pre-Vatican II Church considered valid the orders of the "Old Catholic" Churches in Central Europe but those in the United States and England are NOT considered valid.

The same thing applies for those who trace their "holy orderrs" to the leftist bishop Duarte Costa of Brazil. The first ordinations were recognized but the subsequent ones are not recognized at all, not even in the Novus Ordo.

The Old Catholic Churches in this continent have ordained so many people, sometimes without priestly formation, it's impossible to assure that they're valid: they're vagant sects who can't even be regarded as Churches, they have no followers, no faithful. Moreover, if you get ordained outside the Church you're separating yourself from it.

Please notice that I am not a supporter of these sites but they have valuable articles concerning this issue:

This first article is about the false priests ordained in old catholic or Brazilian "Churches":

http://www.traditionalmass.org/articles/article.php?id=64&catname=11

This second article is about the Old Catholic Churches and their pseudo-bishops and priests:

http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id73.html

Have a nice day.

(08-14-2010, 01:46 PM)dustman Wrote: [ -> ]I will need to discern more about what gods will is for me. I simply have a hard time believeing that all those outside the roman juristiction are damned.. Are the orthodox damned? Are the anglicans damned?  Are all the sede's damned?

Are "necessary submission to the Pope" and "the Pope is the anti-Christ" the same eternal truth, revealed by God, although worded differently?
Are "justification by faith and works" and "justification by faith alone" the same eternal truth, revealed by God, although worded differently?
Are "Scripture and Tradition are the rule of faith" and "Scripture alone is the rule of faith" the same eternal truth, revealed by God, although worded differently?
Are "the Church a visible hierarchical society" and "the Church is an invisible society" the same eternal truth, reveladed by God, although worded differently?
Are "baptism necessary to salvation" and "baptism is not necessary for salvation" the same eternal truth, revealed by God, although worded differently?
Are "contraception is intrinscally sinful" and "contraception is allowed" the same eternal truth, revealed by God, although worded differently?

Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself?

I could go on.
Pages: 1 2 3