FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cowards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-14-2010, 12:13 PM)Reichsjager Wrote: [ -> ]You have a selective memory. The fact that the Pope did this, and a big media spectacle was made of it, should be more than enough evidence as to what the current position of the Church is in relation to the Baptism of willing converts.

By definition, the position of the Church can never change. There's no "current" or "past" position.

Nevertheless, the Novus Ordo Church - the modernist clerics - have denied Baptism or entrance into the Church to converts, especially those of Orthodox background, due to the Ökumenische Politik inaugurated at Vatican II. That is the Novus Ordo Church in all its human glory: weak, compromising and disgusting! We can only hope that the tide will change given the Pope's conservative leanings. The Bapism of Magdi Allam, however edifying, is but a drop in the ocean or a small patch in a sinking ship.

Quote:Actually, given the fact that your positions and unjustifiable insults don't have a leg to stand on, I would say my "pious zeal" is absolutely necessary.

That mental gymnastics crusade to defend every action of the New Church is not mine, RJ.
These "bishops" and "priests" are spitting on the Saints and ultimately Our Lord.

Lord have mercy. :pray:
(08-14-2010, 12:51 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]These "bishops" and "priests" are spitting on the Saints and ultimately Our Lord.

It is always interesting to read the Bible:

Gen 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtle than any of the beasts of the earth which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman: Why hath God commanded you, that you should not eat of every tree of paradise? [2] And the woman answered him, saying: Of the fruit of the trees that are in paradise we do eat: [3] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of paradise, God hath commanded us that we should not eat; and that we should not touch it, lest perhaps we die. [4] And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death. [5] For God doth know that in what day soever you shall eat thereof, your eyes shall be opened: and you shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil. . [6] And the woman saw that the tree was good to eat, and fair to the eyes, and delightful to behold:

What the evil does: make a generalization (from one forbidden tree, to every tree) , and declares w/o any rational argument.

In contrast the woman is using all her senses, she argues to convince herself and his husband.

In my territorial parish the priest is quite liberal, but he honors the saints. So do the neighboring also quite liberal parishes, not to mention the St John Cantius Fathers. How could you get to such a generic conclusion?
(08-14-2010, 01:56 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2010, 12:51 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]These "bishops" and "priests" are spitting on the Saints and ultimately Our Lord.

It is always interesting to read the Bible:

Gen 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtle than any of the beasts of the earth which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman: Why hath God commanded you, that you should not eat of every tree of paradise? [2] And the woman answered him, saying: Of the fruit of the trees that are in paradise we do eat: [3] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of paradise, God hath commanded us that we should not eat; and that we should not touch it, lest perhaps we die. [4] And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death. [5] For God doth know that in what day soever you shall eat thereof, your eyes shall be opened: and you shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil. . [6] And the woman saw that the tree was good to eat, and fair to the eyes, and delightful to behold:

What the evil does: make a generalization (from one forbidden tree, to every tree) , and declares w/o any rational argument.

In contrast the woman is using all her senses, she argues to convince herself and his husband.

In my territorial parish the priest is quite liberal, but he honors the saints. So do the neighboring also quite liberal parishes, not to mention the St John Cantius Fathers. How could you get to such a generic conclusion?

I must say you seem to be the master of quoting Scripture out of context and other non-sequiturs.  Not to mention engaging in private interpretation, the realm of the Protestant.

I find your exegesis of this passage and your application of it to this issue to both be way off.

You also missed the point of the poster you were responding to: a liberal priest may "honor" the saints on the surface but if he's liberal in the sense usually meant - contradicting orthodoxy on any dogma or doctrine, especially publicly - he's NOT honoring the saints of the Catholic Church who were all orthodox and obedient.  Petertherock called it just as it is.
I think the word we are looking for here is heterodox.
Pages: 1 2