FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hero priest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fr. Michael Rodriguez is a Saint...and he's being attacked by other so-called Catholic priests for defending the truth...

http://www.kvia.com/video/24644887/index.html

His Bishop in El Paso Armando Ochoa is a creation of Cardinal Mahoney, he was a priest and auxiliary bishop under him, i'm waiting for him to silence Father Rodriguez, stay tuned................
If God be for us, who is against us?
(08-17-2010, 02:34 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]His Bishop in El Paso Armando Ochoa is a creation of Cardinal Mahoney, he was a priest and auxiliary bishop under him, i'm waiting for him to silence Father Rodriguez, stay tuned................

I live in El Paso and am one of Fr. Rodriguez's parishioners and I can say pretty confidently that as much of a modernist as Bishop Ochoa is, his liberalism is kept in check by his fear of confrontations. He knows that any actions taken against Fr. Rodriguez will both (1) incite tremendous protests from his many, many parishioners and (2) his dismissal would push very one of his parishioners into the pews of the local SSPX chapel. I can't say I am entirely carefree in regard to our Priest's current situation, but we're fairly confident he'll be staying put for some time.

Please do pray for this holy Priest.
Wow, Fr.  Rodriguez  is a parish priest cut from the same cloth as the Cure' de Ars.  We need many more priests like him around the world!
(08-17-2010, 11:07 PM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2010, 02:34 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]His Bishop in El Paso Armando Ochoa is a creation of Cardinal Mahoney, he was a priest and auxiliary bishop under him, i'm waiting for him to silence Father Rodriguez, stay tuned................

I live in El Paso and am one of Fr. Rodriguez's parishioners and I can say pretty confidently that as much of a modernist as Bishop Ochoa is, his liberalism is kept in check by his fear of confrontations. He knows that any actions taken against Fr. Rodriguez will both (1) incite tremendous protests from his many, many parishioners and (2) his dismissal would push very one of his parishioners into the pews of the local SSPX chapel. I can't say I am entirely carefree in regard to our Priest's current situation, but we're fairly confident he'll be staying put for some time.

Please do pray for this holy Priest.

Joshua,
But Bishop Ochoa is also getting pressure from his own priests and faithful to do something about Fr. Rodriguez.  Fr. Rodriguez is on his own in this diocese.  All we can do is wait.  I don't think the Bishop cares much about his trad community and I honestly don't believe he cares if he pushes everyone back to the SSPX chapel.  To him, it is STILL a very minimal number compared to the PiusX, Queen of Peace, etc... crowd.  He might be staying put for now, but if Fr. Rodriguez continues doing the good things that he is doing, be sure that the Bishop will be pressured from all sides to do something about it...and he just might.

Silence him?  How can you silence the truth?  How do you silence what the Catholic Church teaches?
Just as a side note, Fr. Rodriguez is an excellent confessor.  You get real advice, direct truth (yikes!), and appropriate penance.  It can be hard, but it is certainly helpful to the soul.

It is a blessing to have a traditional diocesan priest/parish and an SSPX chapel/priory 5 minutes from each other, though this has also made me think about the arguments of supplied jurisdiction with the SSPX. If someone can confess to a priest like Fr. Rodriguez who has clear jurisdiction (and is only 5 minutes away), does the supplied jurisdiction of the SSPX fall apart?  Perhaps a topic for another thread.

In any case, Fr. Rodriguez is quite the priest and certainly needs prayers.

Pax,
Jesse
Petertherock Wrote:other so-called Catholic priests

One is either a priest or they are not.
Pages: 1 2 3