FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Father James Martin SJ Promotes Homosexuality, Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We pointed out that it was strange that a very liberal parish in Minnesota was promoting heretical books by people like America's Father James Martin SJ and others, like one priest who advocates getting naked with other men on a retreat.

Another one of America's editors was forced to resign a few years ago. This forces a new and interesting question, is there anyone in the Jesuit Order you can trust to accurately represent the Catholic Church's teachings on a widely disseminated public platform like the decrepit but allegedly Catholic America Magazine?

[blockquote] Dr. Laura Schlessinger's announcement yesterday that she is quitting her radio show called to mind this clever response to her occasional fundamentalist readings of the Old Testament, particularly when it came to homosexuality. This letter, which has been widely circulated on the web since it first appeared in 2000 (despite difficulties in ascertaining its origin) is a healthy antidote to Scriptural literalism of any sort.
[/blockquote]

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...arish.html
Wow a Jesuit promoting homosexuality. I am shocked! Shocked!
(08-22-2010, 11:33 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]Wow a Jesuit promoting homosexuality. I am shocked! Shocked!

I always thought they were really orthodox., .

I liked it when JTull was defending Thomas Merton, he referred to James Martin with warm affection:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33304476

rule of thumb: birds of a feather stick together.
Walk into Archbishop's Nienstadt's college seminary.  Outside their chapel is a little sitting area.  You will find a coffee table with various publications.  America magazine is prominently displayed.
Just sayin'.  Liberal parishes promoting this stuff comes from liberal priests, formed by the diocese's system.  Bishop needs to clean house.
(08-23-2010, 12:21 AM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]Walk into Archbishop's Nienstadt's college seminary.  Outside their chapel is a little sitting area.  You will find a coffee table with various publications.  America magazine is prominently displayed.
Just sayin'.  Liberal parishes promoting this stuff comes from liberal priests, formed by the diocese's system.  Bishop needs to clean house.

The NCCR is well-represented at Our Lady of Grace and they sponsor talks and retreats there.  It was comical because Dennis McGrath told us to worry about them, and so we found out that one of the event organizers for a retreat with the Jesuit President of Union Theological Seminary at Berkley is a parish member.